The Dinner Party

Dedicated to Rosered29 for giving my fist ever vote! Thank you so much... Also I can't decide between Jennifer Lowndes and Genesis Rodriguez.... they are both beautiful and just how I see Celestria! Help would be appreciated! Thank you!

**********************************************************************************************

As Elijah, Jenna and Celest were walking along the old property lines of the founding families, those long dead and forgotten people and houses Celest began to think of all the times she had spent in the past thinking about those who were gone. Her family, her friends, everyone she had ever loved she had lost. Her thoughts began o take a darker turn when she began to think about all of those she hadn’t lost but had run away from. She looked up at Elijah, she had known him nearly all her life but she felt as if she barely knew him. She suddenly pushed these thoughts away when they turned in the direction of another Original brother and instead paid attention to Jenna and Elijah pretending to be the University lecturer that she was just in time for Jenna to talk to her.                                                               “I love your outfit Celest.”                                                                            “Thank you Jenna.” Celest said as she looked down at the outfit she had grabbed quickly from her car when Elijah had dropped her back at the Salvatore’s after he was sure all the wood splinters were gone and she was fully healed. The tight black pants lung to her legs highlighting their length and slimness. The floral pattern along the side of the pants clashed with the black of the trousers slimming Celest’s legs even more. The chiffon top she wore tucked into the pants was a simple cream meaning the bright pinks and blues on her pants and the red shoes were the sole focus.                                                                       “So tell me about the area Jenna.” Celest prompted.                            “The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence.” Jenna said as she pointed at an old rickety fence.

“Ah, the Fells. One of the "Founding Families".” Elijah mocked.

“Why do you say it like that?” Jenna asked.

“ My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise.”

“ Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?”

“Which means the ever lauded founding families, well, they didn't actually found anything.” 

“Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial.” Celest said, finally joining the conversation when she noticed Alaric driving up towards where they were walking.

“Yes, they are.” Elijah agreed

Alaric pulled up near the old Fell fence and casually walked up to them.

“Elijah, Celest, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman.” She introduced when Ric had reached them.

“Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?” He blagged trying to make up a reason to join the three of them. 

“I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history.” Elijah prompted Jenna. 

“Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec.” Jenna said as she walked up the hillside towards her car, leaving the two men and Celest alone together.                                                                                                                                                     “Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect.”                                                                            “You made her make a list Elijah? Whatever happened to as few casualties as possible?”                                                                          “So is Jenna.” Ric replied to Elijah’s comment.                                       “You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women.” Elijah joked.                                                                              “It's a joke, Ric, lighten up.” Celest joked only to be undermined by Elijah patting him condescendingly on the shoulder and walking away.