Chapter 8: Ricky Minaj to the rescue!

Sorry that I've kinda neglected this story guys! Happy Reading :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put my key in the lock and walked into the house and collapsed on the couch. My phone vibrating startled me and checked to see who it was. It was just Connor so I decided to text him for a while. Connor and I texted for a few hours until I finally got too tired and prepared myself for bed.

~*~

My alarm went off. I slammed my hand down on it as quick as lightning and groaned. I sat up and put on my glasses. It took a moment, but I finally gained the strength to push myself up out of bed and walked down the stairs, bumping the wall on the way down.

The moment that I was in the living room, I flopped down on the couch. It looked extra comfortable today. Maybe it was just because of how tired I am. After a few minutes of contemplating whether or not I should go to school, I decided not to. I need a break.

I ran upstairs and jumped into the shower, letting the hot water caress my skin. I climbed out, drying myself off and decided to just wear something comfortable for today. I put on a black tank top and gray sweatpants and put my hair up in a messy bun, not caring how I looked. I entered the kitchen and grabbed a handful of granola bars, grabbed my keys and walked out of the door.

I hopped in my mom's car and drove off and continued driving down the road until I finally found the park. I smiled and admired the big trees, swings and slides for a while in silence taking in its beauty. I also saw the gorgeous small pond behind some small crabapple trees that I really missed. I haven't been to this place since I was little.

I got out of the car and just sat on a park bench to gather my thoughts. It was so peaceful. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath remembering my times here as a little toddler.

I saw myself running. I was about four years old at this time. I could tell because I was wearing my floral patterned dress and had my long dark hair in two pigtails. I saw my father. He was chasing me. We were playing tag. I was giggling uncontrollably. I actually thought that I could run faster than my dad, when in reality, he was pretending to be a slow runner. After a long while of running, I collapsed into the warm grass. My dad laid beside me.

"Look Naomi! That cloud looks like an elephant!" He shouted as he pointed to the sky.

I giggled. "And that one looks like a mermaid!" I exclaimed happily pointing to another cloud.

"Yeah it really does!" My dad shouted in agreement.

I giggled. "I wish that I could be a mermaid princess," I said.

"You're my little princess."

I smiled.

"Do you want to swing, Naomi?"

I jumped right up happily, nodding vigorously. It looked as if my head was going to fall off my neck. My dad put me on the swing and began pushing me. I shrieked with laughter. Suddenly the swing came to a stop.

"Do you hear that?" My dad asked.

"Ice cream truck!"

"Let's go!"

Him and I ran together and he bought me a rainbow Popsicle. I immediately began to eat it and as an immediate result got brain freeze.

"What's wrong, Naomi?"

"Brain freeze!"

My dad and I giggled at my little outburst. This was one of very few good times that I had with him.