Chapter 6: You know them?!

He slowly leaned in, getting closer and closer to my face. I could literally feel myself shaking. I've dreamt of this moment for 4 years and now it's really happening! I finally felt his soft lips gently touch mine. I felt as if a million fireworks went off inside of me. It was amazing. At that moment, I realized that Sam Pottorff was the one.

~*~

"What the hell do you mean the plan's off?!" Rachel was pissed again.

"I realized that I really do love him! I can't hurt him. It just wouldn't feel right."

"I've hated Sam Pottorff for years! I only agreed to help you because you were going to crush him. But I guess you don't give a crap about me. He doesn't like you Naomi! Nothing in the world is going to change that! I'm done. And don't you dare call me when your hopeful little heart gets destroyed!" She stormed away from me and left our usual lunch table to sit alone.

I rolled my eyes. She's always constantly mad at me. Someone put their arm around me and I looked up and saw that it was Sam. I smiled and blushed.

"Hey Sam."

"Hey, babe," he said and kissed the top of my head.

I smiled. At least I know that Sam cares about me.

~*~

It was the passing time before the last period and I was walking past Sam while he was talking to his group of friends in the hallway. I was just going to keep walking, but I heard my name mentioned, so I was being nosy and decided to hide behind the corner to listen.

"So what made you want to go out with Naomi?" I heard one of his random friends ask.

"Yeah, dude! Didn't you just tell her that you were embarrassed to be seen with her?" Kian asked.

"Well I was embarrassed, but she's hot now, so it doesn't matter."

Well that hurt. I ran away and tried my possible hardest not to cry. Why couldn't I have just listened to Rachel?! I just feel so stupid. I just walked out of that school, not caring that I still had one more class left. I just needed to get away.

I quickly ran home and I was there within 2 minutes. I ran up to my room and just stayed there and cried myself to sleep.

~*~

I woke up the next morning and was a little happy that it was Saturday. At least I didn't have to see Sam's face. I picked up my phone and saw that I had 3 missed calls and 2 text messages all from Sam. They read:

Sam: Hey, babe what happened to you in the last period? I missed you."

Sam: Hey are you okay? Please say yes.

I sighed. Should I or should I not call him back? I decided to just call him. I dialed his number and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, Naomi! Are you okay?"

"Like you care."

"But I do..."

"No you don't, Sam!"

"Why would you even say that?"

"I'm not stupid and don't you dare act like I am!" I hung up before he could even respond.

I decided that I should make the best of this Saturday afternoon and just go to the mall just to walk around and think. I looked at the time and it was already noon. Wow. I hurried to get ready.

After I was all clean and dressed, I got up and took my mom's car. I climbed in and drove the quick 10 minute drive to the mall.

I walked in and went straight to the food court. I got some Chinese food this time and began eating and enjoying it. I took a look around and noticed that I was the only one here that was sitting alone. Now I feel like a loner. Well I did until someone sat across from me.