Chapter 5: Lost in your eyes...

Happy reading :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Sam did was nod again. I hugged Sam and walked away. This plan is now in action. This is only the beginning Sam Pottorff. It's only the beginning.

~*~

Throughout every class that Sam and I had together, Sam would not take his eyes off of me. This is exactly what I was going for.

As usual, I was at lunch with my sandwich. As I was waiting for Rachel, I looked up and noticed that a ton of people were staring at me, but in a good way. Well this was a first.

I quickly glanced behind myself, hoping to get a glimpse of Sam Pottorff's perfect face. I sighed. I was still in love with him. These feelings needed to go away. They just had to. Sam was just sitting, ignoring his friends and staring into space. Wow, Sam's usually the loudest one! Then Sam got up and began walking towards me. He sat down next to me and stared intently at my face. Then he squinted and raised his eyebrows. This was awkward...

"Um...May I help you?" I asked.

"Alright. How'd you do it?"

"Do what?" I asked innocently.

"Don't play dumb. You know what I'm talking about," he retorted.

"All I did was change my clothes." I shrugged.

"Oh, you did a lot more than change your clothes! You changed your attitude too!"

I sighed and shook my head. "Why do you care so much?"

"I don't know actually. You just changed so quickly! Just 3 days ago you wouldn't speak above a whisper and now you're completely outgoing!"

"People change."

"They don't that quickly!"

"Are you okay, Sam? Is something bothering you? You seem tense," I said completely ignoring his statement.

He sighed in defeat. "I'm fine. Can we go for a quick walk?"

"Uhh...well I'm waiting for Rachel right now."

"Go ahead, I can wait," Rachel said. I guess she heard us while she was walking over.

I glared at her for a moment and she sent me a signal to just go. I sighed in defeat and nodded at Sam.

"Okay, let's go, Sam," I said as him and I both stood up.

We walked out of the cafeteria and into the hallway out of earshot from everyone else. We were just randomly roaming the halls. We both sat on the stairs and he sighed and looked at me.

"You look beautiful," he said.

I blushed. "Thanks."

He stared down at his shoes the entire time. "I'm sorry."

That was shocking. "Why are you sorry?"

"I'm sorry for saying no. Maybe we can go this Friday?"

I honestly didn't know what to say. I bet he was just asking me out now because I don't look nerdy anymore. Maybe I should say yes? Then I could really make him fall for me and he'll fall right into my trap.

"Sure, but you're paying," I said confidently.

"Oh, but of course! Give me your phone so that I can put my number in."

I did as he said and he put it in.

"Text me," he said with a wink and began walking away.

"We'll see!" I shouted after him.