Chapter 1: That's my locker...

So...Here's the first chapter guysss and this is dedicated to ThatGirlWithTheCurls because she suggested that I did a Sam Pottorff FanFic. Follow her!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me tell you about myself. My name is Naomi Alexa Harper. (A/N: HER BEST FRIEND CALLS HER BY HER LAST NAME.) I live in San Clemente, California and I'm 17 years old and a junior in high school. I've never had a real boyfriend. I experience all of my "love moments" from romance novels. That's what they're for, right?

I only have one friend, Rachel, but we're not really that close because I am insanely shy. I'm not even kidding, you don't even understand. I get nervous just to ask a teacher a question. I can't even raise my hand in class either.

All of my time is spent reading or writing in my journal or even sometimes daydreaming about Sam Pottorff. He's adorable, but I'm always way too shy to even look at him. It's never going to happen not in a million years. Don't make fun of me for having a journal. It's the only outlet I have because I'm too shy to tell Rachel any of my secrets.

~*~

I glanced at the alarm clock on my nightstand. It was 6:45 am. I sighed. How do I always wake up before the alarm? I got out of bed and put my nerdy glasses on. I then started reading a random book that I found on the floor. After about 30 minutes, I stopped and got prepared for my shower and took my glasses off. I almost ran into the door because my vision is just that terrible when I don't have my glasses on.

I was in the shower for 15 minutes when I finally decided to get out. I put on some dark blue skinny jeans and a black tank top. After about 5 minutes of searching, I finally found what I was looking for--my light blue cardigan. I pulled it on and put my hair up in a messy bun. I put my glasses back on.

~*~

The five minute walk to school this morning seemed a lot shorter than usual. I sighed as I pulled the door open and walked into this hell-hole that people call school.

I began walking toward my locker and stopped dead in my tracks. My locker was being blocked...again. This happens almost everyday. My locker just had to be between Kian Lawley and Sam Pottorff's lockers. They both have so many friends and their friends always crowd around their lockers everyday, which causes my locker to be blocked.

I would say something, I really would, but I'm just way too shy to say anything, so I'm always late to my first class just waiting for them to move, which causes the teacher to ask me why I was late and I get too nervous to say why.

I just stood there doing what I normally do, which is waiting for the guys to move. The guys never really say anything to me and I sure as hell don't say anything to them. Sadly, today just so happened to be the day that they decided to talk to me.

"Who's this loser? What the hell are you doing? Are you stalking us?!"

It was one of their douche friends that said that to me. A few of the others laughed. I violently shook my head, still not talking.

"C'mon dude! Don't be so mean," Kian said.

"So...Why are you just standing there watching us though? I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to know," Sam said.

Crap! Did he want me to actually say something? Think Naomi, think. I couldn't say anything, could I? I had to do something fast. I took a deep breath.

"My locker," I whispered as I pointed to my locker.

Damn. I was so damn quiet that I could barely hear myself. How could I have expected them to hear that? I just looked like a moron. Now they're going to think that something's wrong with me. Wait, since when did I start caring?

"Oh! That's your locker?" Sam questioned.

I nodded.

"C'mon guys, move so she could get to her locker," Kian said.

All of the guys moved and I made my way to my locker and opened it. I gave Kian and Sam both a small smile giving them thanks.

"Wow, all of this time I thought that it was an empty locker since no one ever came to it," Sam said.

I shrugged.

"Well I think the guys and I should probably be going to class now, but I'll see you around...I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name?" Sam looked confused.

Shit. Why does he keep asking me questions?! Now I have to talk to him more! Well me talking was bound to happen eventually, so why not now? Oh yeah, I know why. Because it's freaking impossible!

"Naomi," I said way too quietly.

"What was that? I couldn't hear."

"Naomi," I said a little louder.

He smiled. "Well I'll see you around Naomi."

He and his friends walked away, leaving me speechless. I can't believe I was actually able to say something to Sam Pottorff. Well it isn't that much of an accomplishment. All I did was tell him my name. Whatever. It's still a huge milestone for me!

~*~

I was sitting in the cafeteria, smiling while eating my sandwich. I can't believe I'm still happy over something this stupid. I glanced over at Rachel, who was standing in the lunch line waiting. I sighed and decided that I shouldn't tell her about what happened with Kian and Sam earlier. She'd just think it was stupid. She doesn't even know about my small crush on Sam and I plan on keeping it that way.

After about 15 minutes of lunch passed, Rachel finally came over and sat across from me. I looked up at her and smiled at her. She flashed me one of her bright and signature smiles.

She's so pretty, that it makes me jealous sometimes. She has long, thick and straight dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She just looks so perfect. I guess I don't really have too much to be jealous about, though. I have the same eye color and similar hair...

I guess I'm just jealous of her confidence. I'd do anything for confidence like hers. She has enough confidence for the both of us!

"Hey Naomi!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Hey Rachel," I said a lot quieter with a smile.

Suddenly I turned around and saw Sam. He was on the other side of the cafeteria sitting with some of his loud and obnoxious friends. He caught me looking at him and flashed me a big smile. I blushed and looked away quickly. I focused my attention back on Rachel and continued to eat my sandwich and pretended like that didn't happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote/comment if you like it! <3