Chapter Forty: Rollercoaster Ride

Recap: After accepting the fact that she will never be together with her crush, Adam, Sophia moved on and found herself falling for Axel Brooks, a guy she initially treated as a rival. They get together, but she still had other problems, her dad was still engaged to Kate, a woman with a bad attitude. With the help of the two boys, she was able expose Kate, prompting her father to break up with her and apologize to Sophia. She then talked to her mother, who still had remaining feelings from her father, and her mother removes her hesitations about falling in love, and assuring her that she would be alright.

Special mention to Chapter Sixteen, because some scene from that chapter would be mentioned here.

About a month ago, I was sitting in the same chair with the same set of headphones, next to the same guy and being interview by the same radio host.

The difference? I don't feel like murdering Axel nor the host in front of me.

He gave a signal that we were about to start, and just like before, he pressed a few buttons on his control board before speaking up to the microphone directly in front of him, "Good morning to everybody listening, here we are again with today's hottest couple, none other than the Hollywood's Prince and Princess."

We said our own greetings towards the mic, smiling up to the interviewer who squeezed us during the last time we were here.

"Last time we talked, you two had this crazy rumor that you two were engaged," he chuckled lightheartedly, but I couldn't help but glare at him for suddenly bringing that back up, "If I remember correctly, you two said that you didn't have feelings for each other, where did that go?"

Two minutes into the interview and we're just going to dive straight into that. There's no beating around the bush for this guy, is there?

Axel laughed next to me, "You could say that I wasn't ready to tell her back then."

"What?" my head snapped to his direction, and because it was so quick, I didn't have the time to notice the huge ass mic that was directly hanging in front of me and so I hit my head – hard.

"Shit," I grumbled unconsciously, rubbing the part where it made contact. I suddenly realized what I just said when I saw Axel had his eyes staring wide in surprise as I hastily tried to cover myself, "-zu. I suddenly remembered the shih tzu I saw on the way here."

That was one of the most pathetic saves I have ever done in my life.

And congratulations, it was on national radio.

"What were you trying to say, Heart, before you were reminded by a small fluffy dog?" the interviewer asked, raising a brow at me.

Giving him a tightlipped smile, I spoke to the mic, "I was just shocked, because, I never heard about this, Axel."

"Well, it was a minor detail," he reasoned.

"Now that you've mentioned it," I chuckled with a tone that meant that I was about to open up a topic that wasn't really supposed to be touched right now, "Ever since we got together, we have never really talked about the engagement rumor that happened."

"What's there to mention?" he questioned, shrugging nonchalantly, "Though I was silently hoping already during that time," he joked before shooting me a wink.

Even though he was just clearly teasing, my lips sealed tight and I instantly looked away, trying to calm down the oncoming blush, "Don't say that here."

You know what's our job? Being professional liars; I shouldn't be surprised even if he did that. Like I said before, even when we were rivals, I had a huge respect for Axel's skills in the industry.