This can't be right

It was getting rather late, yet the candles lit up hours ago still produced a warm glow in the room, making it possible to see the rose petals scattered on the floor, as well as layers of clothes everywhere. A bucket, which had no ice cubes in it anymore, placed on the nightstand, with an empty bottle of champagne and two tall glasses next to it.

Stevie sighed, looking at all of it, feeling gentle kisses being left on her shoulders, neck and back. Tonight was perfect, it really was. She felt loved, cared for, cherished – something she craved so desperately, especially lately.

The man's arms pulled her closer, as he asked. "What is it with you tonight? I know you've got something on your mind, so don't even try making up an excuse."

She stayed silent for a moment, before turning in his embrace, as she snuggled into his chest. "This can't be right, what we're doing..."

"Haven't we talked about this already, baby? No, we shouldn't be doing this, but clearly, we both need it. We only can get what we desire from each other."

"I love spending time with you, I do. But... You're married, you have kids. I'm married too! This is just so wrong on so many levels."

"What are you saying here, Stevie? You want to end this? You don't want to keep seeing me?"

"I do, I'm saying I shouldn't. We're hurting people, we'll hurt ourselves in the process as well."

"Now you just got me confused."

"I don't understand why we need this, you know? We have families, we're famous, we have money, why do we need to still risk it all, to go out of our way so we could meet up for a quick fuck and then return home, pretending everything is wonderful."

"Well, tonight wasn't a quick fuck, was it? Don't you appreciate my effort? I tried to set the mood and make a romantic atmosphere just for you, because you know, I'm definitely not that kind of guy."

"No, I do, of course I do. Tonight was great and thank you for it. Just that... what comes next, you know? We'll take a shower, so we don't smell of each other to our significant others, we'll kiss goodbye, we'll get into separate cars and drive home. Then I'll get a text from you or I'll sneak in a call to you, we'll decide on the location, meet up and do it all over again."

"Are you trying to say you love me?"

"No. I don't know... I'm so messed up right now, I can't think straight."

"We said this was just an affair, right? Just for fun..."

"I know, I'm not asking you to leave your wife and I'm not about to divorce my husband. So, don't worry."

"Hey... why don't you stop worrying for a minute, mm?" He tilted her chin up, tangling his fingers in her hair. "We still have some time, you said you would be working late tonight right?" She nodded, smiling a little, as he pressed his lips against hers. "This time it's all about you, baby." He said, leaving kisses down her neck.

She pushed at his shoulders, making him lay flat on his back as she straddled his middle, strands of her unruly golden hair covering her front, which he brushed away, his eyes roaming her body. With him she didn't feel self-conscious at all, he could stare all day for all she cared.

"Do you think I'm still beautiful?"

"You'll always be, Stephanie. You will forever remain the most beautiful woman to walk the earth."

She smiled, somewhat shyly, bending over to capture his lips. They kissed lazily for a while, until she felt herself being ready and him, growing hard for her again, third time that evening. She sat up, lifting herself up on her knees, as she brought her hand in between them and guided his length to her entrance, before she slowly, but fully sat down onto him. He saw her bite on her lower lip, finding it to be very erotic, as she had her eyes closed, beginning to move on top of him. They were both rather tired by now, so she took her time, not picking up her pace, as he let her fully take control in her sensual solo act, only his hands griping her sides gently to help her keep her balance. She realized that such lazy, slow and steady rhythm had to be driving him insane, as she herself groped her breasts, tugging at the hardened peaks, as she bucked slightly, providing herself with that extra shock.

"Touch me, please..."

Not saying anything, he pressed the pad of his thumb above where they were joined, rotating it in circles, noticing how her breathing quickening instantly. He continued to stimulate her until she climaxed, with a mixture of his name and some other syllables he didn't quite catch, her whole body tensing up, and she placed her hand on top of his, making him stop.

They took a shower together and returned to the room, dressing up in silence. The candles were completely burnt down by now, so he turned the light on, so they could gather their belongings. Standing by the door, he slid his arm around her back and gave her that goodbye kiss, before they left the hotel room one after the other, so they wouldn't be seen together.

She didn't rush her drive home, remaining seated in her car for a minute after she stopped, after driving up the driveway. She loved her husband, but the affair she had started several months ago gave her what he deprived from her; the feeling of being wanted, desired, receiving the attention her own husband failed to pay her.

It was after midnight, when she unlocked the front door and entered the house, taking off her boots, as she went straight to the bedroom, hoping for peace and quiet, as well as sleep catching her quickly.

"Hey you." She heard, walking into the bedroom.

"Hey." She replied, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "I thought you would be asleep by now, Linds. You usually are."

...