Relationships Lead to Heartbreak, but Maybe This Time Heartbreak Leads to Love.

Chapter 1

Relationships Lead to Heartbreak, but Maybe This Time Heartbreak Leads to Love.

"I love you with all my heart, Shai. I thought I had loved before, but that is nothing compared to how I feel for you right now. You are my life, my love, my present and my future. You. I want you. Only you. My mind, my soul, my body. When I close my eyes I see you and when I open my eyes I want, no need, to see you and only you. Please Shai. Believe me when I say I truly with every fabric of my being, love you"

I registered what he said. What I have wanted him to say for so long. I tried to reply to make some gesture that I felt the same way. But I couldn't. There was a lump in my throat and I was frozen in place. I just sat there staring at him helplessly. Then I swallowed and the lump that was in my throat wasn't so big.

"Iloveyoutoo," I managed to choke out.

Then with one swift motion his lips crashed to mine. I never felt happier then that moment. This was every thing I have ever wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Well I should probably start from the beginning.

My name is Shailene Patterson, but everyone I know calls me Shai.

I'm 17 years old, a Junior in high school, and I am starting a new life.

My parents, my sister, my brother, and I are moving to California.

Where, I'm starting a new school one week from today and I am feeling the opposite of what most kids would be feeling right now. I could not be more excited to start this new school. It is a fresh start to hopefully what will be a wonderful new life.

My old school was the worst experience I have ever had and I have had some pretty rough times. I was'nt a nerd or anything, but I wasn't popular either. Of course, I had plenty of friends, but a lot of people hated me. I never understood why though. I thought I was at least a little pretty. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes with a hint of green in them. I am of average weight, not to fat, not to skinny, and I am around 5"5. I have only had one boyfriend though, so I must not be too pretty. This is why I want a new start so I can create a new image.

I was just sitting in the car staring out the dusty window blankly. It's a dark gloomy day, perfect for the mood I am in. I'm not sad because we're moving just of what I'm moving away from. Driving past everything I have ever known. Everything I grew up with just staying behind us as we head to our new town, our new home, our new life. My parents wanted a new start and I am very thankful because so do I. Of course, I will miss my friends, but I will not miss that horrid school.

While staring out the window, I watched as rain droplets hit the road forming puddles for other cars to splash.

"Goodbye Utah, hello California" I whispered.

With those last words whispered my eyelids became heavy and I fell asleep.

Our car hit a bump that made me jolt awake screaming.

"Calm down, calm down." I knew that voice and I instantly relaxed a little. That voice was oh so familiar and I knew who it belonged to. I felt two hands on my shoulders and I looked up into my brothers eyes. He had very bright green eyes, he got them from my mother and I, of course, got mine from my father. I guess you could say my brother is "hot". I would never think that because he is my brother, but he always has girls swooning for him and drooling when he walks by. He is very muscular and he has a slight tan, like me. His hair is a dark brown also like mine, but his eyes are what makes him "hot" I guess.

"I'm fine," I said a little irritated that I had been woken up and I felt him tense by my harsh voice. When I looked in his eyes I instantly felt bad.

"Sorry," I said quietly. I love my brother more than anything; we have a special bond that makes my sister instantly jealous. She just isn't as close to any of us like the way my brother and I are. Well, at least not after the "incident".

"Hahaha it's fine," he chuckled, "but you should know that we are at our new home so time to get your butt out of this car because I really don't want to be stuck in here," he replied quickly after.

"I'm moving, I'm moving. Don't get your panties in a twist," I joked back.

As soon as I stepped out of the car I was amazed. This house was beautiful and huge. It honestly looked like a mansion. There was a fountain and a garden right in the front. Tulips and roses were the main flowers that I saw planted around the front. Then I began to look at the house, four big white pillars were on the front porch. 'Just like the white house' I thought then laughed. The house was mainly painted a maroon color, but had white in some spots; I was truly shocked by what this place looked like. 'How could we possibly afford this,' I thought in awe.

"It's big I know, but we were hoping you kids wouldn't mind?" My mom said a little scared.

"It's perfect mom. Don't worry," my brother said while running inside to check everything out.

I chuckled at him for acting so silly, but quickly chased after him. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. It had a giant staircase with a chandelier above, but I don't want to bore you with all the details.

Spotting my brother running up the stairs I followed, so I could pick a room before he chose the best one.

I got to the top of the stairs and ran into the hallway but instantly froze.

The doors already had our names on it.

Apparently, ours parents already picked our rooms for us. I looked at the first door. It had the name, Ashley written on it, my older sister. I then went to the next door and saw, Michael written on it, my older brother. So I went to the very last door and saw, Shai, written on it.

This is mine. I sucked in a deep breath and opened my door. I instantly gasped when I saw what my room looked like. Then I let out a huge scream of excitement. The walls were purple, my all time favorite color by the way, and so was my desk and dresser. My bed, which was on the far corner opposite of everything, had a green bedspread, my other favorite color by the way. This room was huge, and I mean HUGE. I walked to the closet after enjoying my room and opened the door. All my clothes were already in there and I was in shock. I think the closet was bigger than my room! I looked at the cloths, but realized. They were not mine. They were brand new and I guess my parents bought me new clothes. These clothes were amazing and I cannot wait to wear them to school.

Turning around, facing my room again, I saw something I missed earlier. Two glass doors, so I ran over and opened them. Then, I stepped out onto a balcony and I could see our back yard.

"OH MY GOD WE HAVE A POOL." I screamed at the top of my lungs. I could never be happier. I have always dreamed of a pool that was just right outside of our back door and now I have one. 'YES,' I thought to myself.

I spent the rest of the night looking around the house then trying to find my way back. I was completely amazed by this house and I loved my parents for moving us out here. I LOVE LAS ANGELES! I kept repeating over and over in my head. Soon after, I found my way back to my room.

I skipped over to my new closet and grabbed some jammies. I pulled off my shirt and felt the cold air on my bare skin. I pulled on my shirt and pants then climbed into my new bed.

I cannot wait for tomorrow. SWIMMING!

Thank you Mom and Dad, and with that thought I drifted off to sleep.