Chapter 1

Ashley P.O.V

You know how when you first meet someone you get that fluttery feeling in the pit of your stomach and you want so bad for it to go away, but it wont because its telling you that this person is doing something special for you to feel that way.

Well that's what I felt when I first met Josh. He was the cute senior that everyone chased after even though they knew they could never get with him. I was the one that he talked to outta every thirsty girl in the school and soon enough everybody became envious of me.

But did I care?

Nope.

I must've thought I was the shit because I was Joshua Hernandez's girl. I think back to those days in highschool wondering what happened. What happened to the happy Ashley who smiled all the time and never got mad. What happened to the Josh that held my hand in public and told me he loved me every chance he got.

Well to be honest.

I don't know.

I finally got out the shower after reminiscencing over the good days. I looked into the mirror looking at the faint bruise on my side. I always asked myself why I stay. My friends always ask me why I stay. Why won't I leave him because he's nothing but a jack ass who could care less about me. Well it's the same answer everytime.

I love him.

I wiped the tear coming down my cheek and moisterized my body being careful to be gentle to the cut on my shoulder. I put on my underwear then advanced to my closet. I pulled the red dress off the hanger and slipped it over my body. I looked in my full length mirror and saw what most girls don't. I don't always think I'm beautiful like everyone says or have that body any girl would kill for. I used to but...things change.

"Hurry the fuck up Ashley!" I heard Josh yell from down stairs.

I jumped and slipped on my heals walking down the stairs of my condo. I stopped at the last step as he walked over to me examining my body.

"Take it off." He said.

"What." I questioned.

"Take it the fuck off. What you deaf?!" He said raising his voice.

"B...but I don't have anything else to where." I spoke hardly audible.

He let out a deep sigh and sat back down. After a few minutes he spoke.

"The hell you still standing there for! Go upstairs and change so we can find yo dumbass a dress!" He rolled his eyes.

I felt a tear and hurried and wiped it. I walked back into my room and switched out my dress and heals for a white t-shirt with gray tights and my purple and blue Jordans. I put on some lip gloss and my yellow beanie. I grabbed my phone and crossover bag then went downstairs. Josh was waiting at the door and when he saw me he went outside. I sighed walking behind him and locking the door.

We pulled up to the mall and walked in. He stopped and pulled me by my waist to him in a tight grip. He leaned over and whispered in my ear making sure only I could hear.

"You got ten minutes to find a dress and shoes that don't make you look like a hoe. You meet me right here and if I come and you ain't here...you already know what's gone happen."

He let me go and walked off.

I felt like crying but I didn't want to anymore. I rubbed my side walking to forever 21. I bought a black strapless dress with blue suede platforms. I was walking out messing with my bracelet when I suddenly came crashing down to the floor.