Chapter 40 - Epilogue (Part 2)

August, 2013

The two men sat in the small cell, in the middle of nowhere, in their tatty grey standard prison clothes. Even status and money can't buy you designer clothes when you're locked in a prison cell with charges of murder and fraud as well as kidnapping against you. The slightly older man in the cell lay on his back on the lay down camp bed, whilst the younger man sat on the floor against the wall throwing a tennis ball at the wall opposite. As the prison was only small, and the cell was one that was Savant proof, the cell only measured 10 by 10 feet, the cheap tennis ball bounced back and he was able to catch. Edging out of the room, a plaque outside the door showed the names that were engraved on the prison door; "David Reed and Antonio Reed" and the surveillance setting was "HIGH – RED" meaning they had to have at least four trained guards in the ward each day and every single type of lock that you could image was on every door leading to the outside world. They would need witchcraft to head out of this prison.

Back in the cell, the two men sat idle for a while, each of them breathing heavily as whatever they had on their mind was clearly quite interesting.

'How did we let them get away?' Antonio asked his father, who just huffed.

'I think we focused on the wrong person.' David replied, looking at the ceiling. 'I've had time to think.'

'Go on,' the son said, holding his tennis ball still to listen.

'I thought if we went for Hope, she would join us and that would cripple the Williams. But it didn't. We didn't hit home hard enough. Next time.' He simply said, shaking his head on the thick blanket he used as a pillow.

'Next time?' Antonio asked again. 'We're in prison, for life, Dad. There won't be a next time. This is our lives now. This bloody white room.'

'Ant, calm down. No. I'm sure someone will bust us out – one of my other brothers or a... colleague shall we say. We'll be out of here in no time. But we need to pick on one of the Williams' that even loves. We thought we could get Hope, but that wouldn't be enough. We need to get someone who's vulnerable, both mentally and psychically.' David explained, gesturing slightly.

'Ella...' Antonio whispered, and David clicked and pointed.

'Right.'

'So you suggest...' Antonio dragged on the last sentence.

'Well, we wait for a while – until she's 21 and she's not with her scumbag brothers. We'll get her then. Two years from now, we'll get here. Don't worry son, we'll get revenge and Ella is our key.' David said, laughing with such menace it could curdle blood.

Ella bolted awake from her projection, with the time being stupidly early in the morning. Everyone else was asleep, but there was no way the teenager would sleep after this potential death threat for her future self. She had just been doing a brief flyover, making sure security was on point and there was no slacking and ended up finding out this nugget. She picked up her phone with a shaking hand, looking at the time, whilst her right hand brushed her hair out of her face. The girl sat up in bed, rubbing her hands over her face before knitting her hands together. Quietly, but with slight fear in her voice, she whispered to no one in particular.

'Well, shit...'