Kayleigh's note

This is in no way related to the story - this is my notes to you guys, explaining what this is all about

Hello!

If you're not too sure what's going on here, this whole book AND this whole potential saga of books/short novelettes is for my friend Lauren. August 2014, I went on a lovely family holiday down to Cornwall, on the northern coast in a small town of Bude.

I love this place, and I have gone back for seventeen years (a.k.a my entire life) on holiday. I am quite an.. abnormal girl for my age - I live in the middle of Berkshire and love surfing. I normally go down there and sit in the ocean waiting for the perfect wave for 8 hours before getting food - then going out for round two. However, two weeks in damp English weather, there's not much to do. A storm was brewing, and the ocean was not safe to be out there, even for someone who has experience. There is little to no phone signal, and when you do get phone signal you have about three minutes of wondrous texting and it's gone for the next three days. The internet - WELL. There isn't any, and because you don't get signal I had to kiss goodbye to my data.

But, in the glorious texting position that my phone picked up signal (lying at a weird angle on the dining room table at a certain altitude) I was discussing ideas to keep me entertained on holiday. I mean, I had the beach and my family but, there is only so many times one can explain Sims 3 to a younger family member - and I also didn't have tumblr so I had no idea what I was doing with my life. Lauren, my best friend, suggested for me to make a re-write of one of her favourite books, and that book is Finding Sky - Joss Stirling. So I was like I can see what I can do. She then suggested changing this around a little bit, including the location names, character names, adding in a few more characters and taking away some annoying ones, adding in personal jokes and making a character dedicated to her name and her personality.

So, in the short space of four hours, I reread the book, and decided what I wanted to change. I told her I could re-write the book to included these changes and give it to her for her 19th birthday on 24th September, 2015.

This is the novel I rewrote for my best friends 19th birthday. Not only that, by the time she reads this, she would have started her English Literature degree (yikes!) and I plan too - if all goes well - rewrite the other books in the Finding Sky saga based on these characters that have changed slightly in my gap year before heading to university myself. When writing this (14/05/16) firstly, I should be revising, but I have exams coming up that unfortunately take the focus but after the 16th June I should be looking at uploading a chapter every 4-5 days in order to make sure it is all collected by the 15th September, in order to get it printed off for her birthday.

Now onto what most individuals write in their notes;

This story includes frequent issues such as anxiety (only briefly mentioned), depression (only briefly mentioned) family trauma (this is mentioned every so often, and I will put warnings on the chapters that have family trauma involved, just in case) and can include some upsetting and gore chapters, and I will include warnings for these.

I think that I am done for now and will be publishing the first chapter in a week or so! Thank you!