Chapter 24 - Part 3

Okay before we get started I just wanted to apologise for how long it took me to get these chapters up, I honestly thought I was putting them up as I went along, turned out I never actually pressed the publish button, so we're going to do it like this. Make some sort of event out of my stupidity.

7 chapters, 2 days, 20756 words in total (before editing, which will add more). Chapters left to go; Chapter 20, Chapter 21, Chapter 22, Chapter 23, Chapter 24 - Part 1, Chapter 24 - Part 2 and Chapter 24 - Part 3. Enjoy! 

----------------------------------------------

No less the fifteen minutes later, we were out walking through the streets of Denver again to the next dress shop. Although, a minor glitch up in Amy's plan meant there was a thirty five minute walking gap in between Bobbi's dress shop we were just in, and the other one so we could take our time strolling down the streets of Denver. Honestly, whilst London was good for tourists to take pictures, no matter where you turned on the streets you could always find the right picture (with the help of filters, camera angles ect ect), but I wouldn't get the "you're at home" shopping experience, if you get my drift. In Denver, I felt a lot more at home. The streets were beautifully maintained, with freshly laid pavement that wasn't covered in gum – compared to London where you were walking on ten year old gum – and even the smaller single filed streets leading off had lovely cobble pathways heading down them. Not only that, with every break in the street you could see the mountains that we all lived upon take their place gliding up into the sky. It looked so wonderful and tame from a distance and I was lucky to live there.

Lauren and Amy walked ahead; discussing the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars that was uploaded onto Netflix not even two days ago and we could hear them discussing the pro's and con's of their predications of who "A" was. Ella and I followed up, hoping that one of them knew the way to the next boutique and we weren't getting aimlessly lost.

'Is there any point in us dress shopping if we're going to get those dresses?' I asked Ella, and she pulled the sleeves of her jacket.

'No, not really.' She said, 'but what else would we do in Denver? We may as well go for the ride.'

'Is Michael here, yet?'

'Yeah, he text me as we waited in the reception saying he's parked the car on the same floor as us and was now wandering around Denver, taking in the views. And trying to break up with his girlfriend for the seventh, maybe eighth, time.' Ella joked.

'Do they keep getting back together, then? I didn't quite get it the first time around.'

'No, Michael can't really be mean unless someone has really pissed him off. Lisa, his girlfriend, well kind of girlfriend, just one day claimed the title even though Michael was really confused. He brought a new house a bit closer to work and she just assumed it was cool to move in. He keeps breaking up with her in a variety of way but nothing. I think he's reached the last straw though, he's saying by the time he gets back from Denver, she better be out of his house and out of his life. Harsh, but what can you when breaking up with someone for the eighth time?' Ella explained, laughing. 'I've never liked her, though.'

'She sounds odd.'

'You're not wrong.' Ella laughed and the silence fell between us even though it wasn't awkward. We all stopped as a group to wait at the zebra crossing, waiting for the green man to tell us to walk safely across the road, and a few meters after the pavement started again, we spread out. 'Any idea what your gift is yet, then?'