Chapter 24 - Part 2

Okay before we get started I just wanted to apologise for how long it took me to get these chapters up, I honestly thought I was putting them up as I went along, turned out I never actually pressed the publish button, so we're going to do it like this. Make some sort of event out of my stupidity.

7 chapters, 2 days, 20756 words in total (before editing, which will add more). Chapters left to go; Chapter 20, Chapter 21, Chapter 22, Chapter 23, Chapter 24 - Part 1, Chapter 24 - Part 2 and Chapter 24 - Part 3. Enjoy! 

-------------------------------------------------------------

I sat silently in the front seat of the car, smiling like the Cheshire cat to myself, replaying the conversation that happened with Oscar no less than five minutes ago in my head. He said he loved me! But, I hesitated. Did he just say that because he felt there was so much pressure on our relationship, and meant it as some sort of throw away comment hoping that I didn't realise it meant nothing. But what Oscar that type of person, to say something like that just as a throw away comment? I didn't think he would. He also acted very awkward the second Michael made a reappearance, or was that just because his cousin saw and probably heard all of that, too? Oh God. I wish I could just accept the comment with no further questioning, and be happy with it rather than over thinking it. I swear all I do these days is over think comments.

'Is there a reason you keep grinning, or do you just want to go dress shopping?' Ella asked as we drove down some of the roads leading to the other side of town. I'm glad she knew where she was going because I had no idea.

'There's no reason.' I said, but couldn't help but smile again. Oscar loves me.

'Aww. Cute.' Ella said.

'I didn't say anything.'

'I know you didn't. Your mind did which is why I said it was cute.'

'You can't read my mind; all you can do is make ice.' I commented back, and she pulled a face.

'Why do you only remember my shit gift, that's not fun? I can also knick people gifts if I so fancy it, and because Oscar is awake at home I can indeed knick his gift of being able to read minds and, therefore, I know that he said he loves you. To which I replied, aww. Cute.' She explained, pulling up outside one of the houses in a smaller road a mile or so away from the town centre, waiting for Lauren to come out of her house. 'And yes, he did mean it.' She added as a comment after, causing me to blush slightly but I quickly changed the topic. I looked in the rear view mirror, expecting to see a car behind us but sure enough, nothing.

'I thought you said Michael is following us into Denver?'

'He is indeed.'

'So where is he?'

'He's not literally gunna trail the car the entire way there. You've been watching way too many spy movies based on fake. He is going to follow us just a few cars back. If anything happens, he'll be close enough to get too us, but not close enough is anyone else is following us. We have no idea if anything will happen, he's only doing this just to ensure we're safe, don't worry.' Ella explained, leaning forward slightly to see if Lauren had opened the door yet but sure enough the door remained shut.

'So there was no lead that made him want to stalk the car.'

'No.'

I felt calmer knowing that. I knew Ella and Michael were very close, and both of them were very sweet and caring and would want to look out for me. I just assumed they had to know something that would make Michael follow us, but my gut told me Ella was telling the truth, and he was only doing it because he didn't want to risk anything.