Chapter 1

Cassidy Hoskins 

Cassidy's first day of high school was just the way she expected it. Everything was all a mundane blur. When she walked into the school, everything she anticipated to see was before her. 

Plastered upon the faded limestone walls were posters and banners alike, all displaying slogans and catchphrases, though whichever moral they were trying to make aware was lost on the teenagers. 

Smoking is bad. Say No! to drugs. Stop Bullying. 

What. A. Joke. 

No one read the posters, and if they did, they wouldn't bother understanding them. 

As for the schoolkids, Cassidy saw what she knew would be in a high school. The popular clique was bullying the nerds, the jocks were showing off to the cheerleaders and the emo kids hung out by the lockers, attempting to blend in with the backdrop. 

Such a disappointment, and I expected something new. 

Cassidy's plan on high school was simple. To survive something as 'political' as high school, she had to remember the three Gs. 

Get popular. 

Get available. 

Get into a club. 

It was all the routine she knew. When you are popular, school life was easy. As long as you were above others in terms of social status, then you would not be the one being bullied all the time. 

As for availability, Cassidy was thinking of boys. She had to clarify to all the popular boys thatshe was available. Cassidy had etched into her mind the following law. 

If you're dating a hot boy, then you're home-free. 

Being a very calculative person, Cassidy evaluated every boy she passed in terms of whether he would be a good fit to be her boyfriend. 

And the best place to do so was in the classroom. 

There would be great oppurtunities to meet boyfriend material there. All she had to do was slip a few notes, look uber-hot and make a well-timed reference to some hobbies of the targeted boy. 

Score one to Cassidy. 

Walking to her new locker, she typed in the combination given to her and tried to lug the locker open. With a grunt from her and a creak from the locekr, it burst open in a shower of dust. 

Cassidy lowered her head slightly, looking left and right out of the corner of her eyes. It was unlikely anyone noticed her blunder with her locker compared to the hustle and bustle of the first day of school, but she felt the need to check anyway. 

Turning back to her locker, Cassidy wrinkled her nose in disgust. The locker was not particularly filthy in any way, but it was rusty and coated with a fine layer of dust. Cassidy made a mental note to herself that she would come clean out her locker tomorrow with a bunch of cleaning supplies. 

Deciding not to put her stuff inside the locker just yet, Cassidy instead decided to head to the classroom first. If she got there early, she just might find a seat next to a hot boy. 

"Mrs Mackelroy." Cassidy read off the door as she approached Classroom 1E. 

Stepping in confidently, her eyes swiftly roved over the tables, searching for the perfect seat. 

The classroom was about the size of a small apartment, with a noticeboard stretching over the full length of the wall. Thumbtacked on it were the usual newspaper clippings and commended compositions you'd see in an average classroom.