Epilogue

As Naneth and Aunt Arwen made their way toward the dock where the ship was tied off, we all had very round eyes. The vessel was stunning. Gimli was standing near it and was the first to bid us farewell. Arwen hugged and kissed her own children as well as the rest of us. She then with a final smile, boarded the vessel with Gimli. Only ada and Naneth were left. Ada had tears in his eyes as he blessed us all, wishing us happiness in the future.

"My dearest children, your mother and I have been blessed through and through having the three of you as our own. Your courage and compassion to strangers and friends alike will carry you far. Do not despair of our leaving; you have your own lives to lead now and beloveds to treasure. Some day we shall all be together again."

As our father finished speaking, he hugged each of us tightly. We learned when we were quite young that his own father--our paternal grandfather--was never big on showing affection. So therefore, our own had decided to be different and show us what love was not just by saying it. It was a very important lesson especially for my brothers and their future young.

Finally our father stepped aside and our mother stepped forward; this for me was going to be excruciatingly hard because for all intense and purposes, I was and am my Naneth's girl so though I was nearly 300 years old, in that instant I felt about 5. She must have felt my fear as her arms enveloped me in a long lingering hug; seemed to be much more personal then those she gave my brothers. They watched as I cried like a little child.

Even they were not immune to this and wiped tears briskly away from their cheeks. I was longing for her embrace to never end. Finally, we both stepped aside as I sniffled hard and looked at the woman, the goddess, that was my mother. Hedraliel Anorithilian, the 1st Queen of the 3 United Elven Lands. Even now just inches away from me, she seemed like a fairy, a nymph, an angel, or all of the above. But she was a very powerful warrior that was known throughout our land. That kind of renowned entitlement only comes with proving oneself and did she ever!

She finally gathered all of us children to her and produced a large book from a satchel that she gave to us, to hold the book in. The book was beautifully bound with sapphire suede and leather. At last she spoke:

"As your father so lovingly pointed out, your own journeys are just beginning. This book named Only Time, is my story as well as your father's and many friends we have met along the way. I knew it would mean a great deal to you if you knew what we were like when we were young and the world was an uncertain place with wars and how we got through them. We hope; well I hope any way that it gives you some foresight and perhaps help you in some way some day. We love you 3 eternally forever and for always."

As she finished speaking and we looked at the exquisitely bound book, we were awed by its magnificence. Naneth had taken every opportunity to put down every experience good or bad and perhaps create a life lesson for us all in there. Inevitably, we could not stall any longer and it was time for them to board the ship. We all walked behind them as we watched our Ada put his arm around Naneth's waist and vice versa. They looked at us one last time and then at each other and the look that they shared was one of undeniable and eternal love before disappearing into the vessel. It set sail soon thereafter as we watched it until it disappeared from view.

The following months that passed we all very much wanted to read Only Time but sadly we had 4 funerals to attend to on behalf of our parents and to honor their friends as Faramir, Eowyn, Eomer, and his wife Bailan passed within literal months of each other. About 3 years after this Merry and Pippin of the Shire passed as well and per King Elessar and Prince Faramir's request were buried in Gondor on either side of King Elessar.

When we finally read our mother's book, it took each of us about 2 months to get through it. Neither my brothers nor I were gifted with the Light of Earendil as our mother was but all of us inherited the gift of foresight. One day, we decided to travel to the Grey Havens and see if we could combine our abilities to see to Valinor. At first nothing happened but than it was as if our own mother knew what we were trying to do and showed us glimpses of what was and that they had arrived safely.

The visions also showed us the reunions with family members and friends; even those whose spirits perished here. It was a beautiful sight to see and Valinor was breathtaking. And when reading my mother's book, I noticed blank pages in the back; they were for me to fill in this last part; of their departure and so forth. We also decided that the book would live in the Rivendell Library just as the other ones from our family and ancient warriors have been. So when some day we are blessed with children of our own, we could read them the story of their extraordinary grandmother and how she never let anything get in her way when it came to the greater good and her family.

So this is the end of this wonderful book, that I was privileged to write even a little bit in. May the Valar smile upon you all and always give it time.

~Altherial Greenleaf, Queen of Gondor

***The End***