22 - Truce

LOGAN'S POV

I held Ari's waist tightly to me, my wolf was still on edge, not wanting any space between us. I understood, because neither did I.

I gazed down at Ari, she had her head rested on my chest. Ari seemed at peace and content as she walked through the park with me holding her close. I smiled at her and purred in happiness.

Ari lifted her head and looked up at me smiling, her eyes sparkled and her smile was breathtaking. God she's beautiful and she's mine.

"I love you" I told her wholeheartedly as I bent down to peck her lips. I felt Ari suddenly become warm as she leant up accepting my offer and answering "I love you too".

My heart swelled and my wolf howled with joy.

I hadn't even realised we had crossed onto Brady's territory until several growls alerted me. On instinct I pushed Ari behind me and stood protectively in front of her, growling at the threats.

I recognised one of them, he was Brady's Beta, Axl. His eyes flashed to his wolves' blue as he snarled at me. I felt my wolf clawing to get through and rip him and his 2 pack warriors to shreds for threatening my mate.

"Ari. Come here now" Axl gritted out, shaking as he tried to control his wolf. I was about to growl to warn him off when I heard Ari scoff. "Err, how about hell no? Stop growling at my mate you idiots!" she shouted loudly and angrily. The 3 froze staring wide-eyed at Ari as I smiled proudly.

She had used a Luna's voice.

They all bowed their heads in submission "my apologies Luna" the Beta spoke. I heard Ari take in a breath "shoot I forgot about that" I heard her mutter making me chuckle.

Ari slapped my arm lightly "shut up its not funny!" she scolded playfully as she narrowed her eyes. I growled at her glaring playfully.

"So you told her?" a voice that I was seriously not in the mood for asked with amusement. I clenched my teeth and turned my head from Ari who was now stood next to me.

Brady stood in front of his 3 pack members with his arms crossed and head high. "Hi Brady!" My mate said happily, Brady's eyes softened and he chuckled shaking his head. "Hey sis" he replied with a small smile.

"Logan's my mate! I can't believe it!" Ari shouted happily, looking up at me smiling widely. My wolf yipped in happiness. I heard Brady sigh and grumble "yeah I know" as he looked away with a clenched jaw.

My mate furrowed her brows and looked at Brady with a pout. "Why don't you guys like eachother?" Ari asked in a sad tone as she looked between us. I wrapped my arms around her, not liking that she was upset.

Brady shot me a glare before turning to Ari with soft eyes. I've never seen him look so friendly and caring. He sighed and ran a hand down his face.

"Because, he's just a kid and yet he's the strongest Alpha in America. He's young, he's bound to make a mistake and when he does, it'll mess a lot of stuff up" Brady said seriously.

"But do you think you could get along? I love you Brady, and I want you both in my life, but that'll only happen if you guys accept eachother." My eyes widened at Ari, she was talking so formally and strongly.

At that moment I knew she would be an amazing Luna. Images of her baring my mark, caring for my Pack, leading alongside me and carrying my pups flashed through my head. I smiled and my wolf purred in anticipation for the future. Our future.

I heard Brady growl frustratedly "fine" he strained out. Ari smiled wide and ran up to him, pulling him into a hug. I took a step forward, about to growl when I remembered they were siblings.

Brady returned the hug holding her tightly. "The things I do for you" he muttered in an irritated tone as he shook his head on her hair. Ari pulled back and feigned hurt, placing a hand over her heart.

"You love me" she told him in mock seriousness. He rolled his eyes "unfortunately" Brady agreed making her snort.

I walked up to them, wrapping an arm around Ari's waist and holding out my hand, "truce?" I asked Brady. He narrowed his eyes before sighing. "Ugh it's not like I have a choice" he said shaking his head. A few seconds later he looked at me and gripped my hand. "Truce" he agreed after what seemed like an inner battle with himself.

I nodded and smiled at him pulling my hand back. Brady returned the smile.

"Yayy happy family!" Ari shouted happily in a childish tone. I laughed at her, as did Brady.

"I'm sorry, who's got a truce?" a voice asked to our right, a woman who looked like Ari was stood there with a raised brow and folded arms.

I saw Ari and Brady tense "shit" they both muttered in shock. "Errm, hi mum" Ari said nervously. I froze. Ari's mom? Shit uh act cool!

I stood straight and smiled warmly at Ari's mother who had her eyes narrowed at me. "Why is your arm around Ari?" she asked with fake curiosity as she cocked her head to the side. I heard Ari take in a breath as I froze.

"Double shit" I heard Brady mutter from next to us. Yeah Brady. Double freaking shit.