Chapter 3

okay, I think im going to make this one long since I won my softball game(:

well here ya go!

----

I looked up at the woman as I answered the door. She was kind of scary looking. The woman had sharp, hawk-like features and a beak-like nose. Her eyes were black, literally black. The girls skin was pulled back showing signs of s crappy face lift. Her thin lips her pulled back into a smile, but it was more of a creepy sneer.

I was honestly scared. It was like a humanbird was at my doorstep and I had to let this woman into my home!

Oh god.

This was going to being one short, great, happy visit. 

Just kidding. Please help me!

"Hello Ms. Parker. I am Ms. Lovette. I will be observing you tonight." Oh god. Lovette? Could her name be seriously any more misleading? I was just able to hold back my snicker. 

This is important. If social services thought I was misbehaving, well, I could get sent back to my foster house, or put in an orphanage and Jared could lose his job for influencing me the wrong way.

I had to be good. No matter what. 

I said, "Welcome, Ms. Lovette," Smile. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Adrianne and this is Jared, my foster parent. He works for the adoption agency I'm set up with. He has just cooked us dinner. Please, join us." I tried to say it as politely as I could without seeming too bored.

She merely nodded and let herself in. I walked over to the kitchen table as she observed the premises. 

She paid special attention to the pictures of us. After a few minutes, she joined Jared and I, satisfied with her inspection." She didn't suspect I was living here,alone, illegally, thanks to Jared, my foster parent.

"Please try my homemade spaghetti, at the office it's quite famous. Little Adri loves it too!" Jared finally said to birdwoman.

*

"Thank you for dinner. I'm going to have to leftovers you gave me for dinner tomorrow!" Birdwoman said as she walked out the door.

I hastily closed it behind her. Phew. Glad that was finally over.

After we started eating, Ms. Lovette started asking Jared and I about our homelife. We always answered the same thing every visit so our answers corresponded perfectly.

She finally seemed to accept that me and Jared lived happily 'together here'. The only thing she was baffled about was why Jared, a 23 year old, would want to slow down his life to take care of a young woman. She just didn't understand that he didn't take care of me, he just let me take care of myself.

It seemed by the end of dinner that we won her over. But it was probably the spaghetti. Jared really was famous for it. It was AMAZING!

*

"Bye Jared, see you soon, at this rate!" I said hugged him.

He pulled away and looked at me. "What? You don't like hanging out with me?" He actually looked sad. But he knew I did, we had fun together.

I pulled him back into the hug and leaned my head into his shoulder, "I don't like it! I love it!" I smirked.

"Well just for that, I'm staying to hangout!" He scooped me up at the door and the threw me onto the couch. 

"Jared!!!" I punched him.

"Shut up, You just admitted you love me." He flipped to T.V. on. 

"Uh, No Jared, I didn't. I said I loving HANGING OUT with you. But it's okay, I knew you meant to say you loved me." I retorted.