Chapter 9

__________________________________________________

Two more days. Two more days until I began the changing process. 

 I was leaning against the door. It was noon and still there hasn't been a sound throughout the entire house. I am SO beyond pissed right now. Honestly, who does this family think they are, forcing me to stay in a bedroom for days. DAYS!

 I went to the window. I was hungry. I was thirsty. And I wanted out. Now. The window was of course locked. I've already tried to escape that way.

 I laid on the bed, thinking over my options. 1. Jam the window SO badly, it will open, maybe. 2. Stay in this stupid room until someone had the decency to let me out. I'll go with option one. I looked around the entire room and through the dresser for something I could jimmy the window open with. I wound up finding a paper clip, a bobby pin and a plastic folder. Perfect.

 I stood back up from the corner I was looking in with the things that were going to help me escape. I leaned against the window and opened the folder. I gently slid it under the bottom of the window. Then I took the bobby pin and flattened it out and put it in the top of the keyhole. Then, i flattened the paper clip and slid it in under the bobby pin, into the lower half of the lock. I started wiggling it. 

CLICK

I withdrew the pin and clip since the folder kept the window unlocked. I actually jimmied a lock. Who knew what they said in the movies was true. Hm.

I smirked and lifted open the window, expecting to sleep in my own bed tonight. But I underestimated a few things. 1. I'm about 3 stories off the ground. 2. All I can see is forest, mile after mile of forest. 3. All my clothes and personal belongings are here. 4. They know where I live. 

It's not like I could just run away and them not come back for me. And that guy, Aiden, he was telling the truth, I could tell. I'm a wolf. 

I would need to confront that sooner or later....And when I change in two days, I'll need someone to help me. Maybe staying with them is best, even if they treat me like a criminal.

----

I was walking back from training to my house with James, Derek and Ethan. Todays lessons went extremely well, everyone did awesome.

"Aiden, you kicked some major ass today bro!" James shouted.

"Yeah, so what's new with Adrianne?" Derek asked. "We haven't seen much of her." 

"None at all actually, I haven't even met her!" Ethan added.

I sighed, "Guys, She has like, two days until she changes. My parents want her to stay in her room until she's done with the changing process so she can't leave. Once she changes she's bound to the pack. They think she may try to leave." 

We turned a corner and my house came into view faintly. "Isn't she mad though? That she is confined to her room for a week?" Derek asked.

Oh yes she is, I thought. She's been banging on the door everytime someones home, I had to sneak out before she woke up this morning so she didn't wake up the entire pack. Hopefully she just gives up by tonight, when my parents come home, I wanted to say. Instead I reply, "Who cares?"

Derek shook his head. "We should. You should. The alpha should. She's going to be part of the tribe soon and you guys are treating her like a criminal. She's handled this well so far, hasn't she? This is new to her, she didn't grow up the way we did."

Derek, always being the sensible one.  I ignored him before he really got on my nerves. 

We continued to walk, James and Ethan continuing pointless chatter. My house came into view more clearly. I squinted my eyes to get a better look, something didn't look right.