Chapter 6

****

 I woke up in a bed. It was soft, and extremely comfortable. For a moment, I forgot about what happened yesterday, then it all came flooding back to my mind. Derek, James, my freaky adoption, everything. Then I wondered what the fu*k I was doing here. 

 Where was I?

 I looked around the room. The walls were lilac and there were mirrors all over the place. The comforter was beige with an intricate pattern of swirls of in. The bed was queen-sized and about 2 feet off the ground.  There was a solid oak dresser on the opposite side of he room.

I got up and looked out the window. All I could see was the backyard. It was huge! The yard went on for miles and miles, as far as I could see. There was a huge in-ground pool, a four-wheeling arena, a nice patio area and the rest was forest.  

The people that lived here must be rich, because I also noticed that I was on the third floor of this house. The people that lived here. Whoever these people were ordered two guys to kidnap me and bring me to their house. These people adopted me. I went to the door cautiously. I turned the handle. It was locked. What kind of people locked their new ward in their rather boring bedroom?!

 I instantly grew furious. I went over to the dresser and opened a drawer. It was filled with my clothes. Then I noticed a box next to the dresser. It contained all of my possessions that were in my bedroom.

 What were these people playing at? Abducting me. Then taking all my stuff out of my apartment. There were even pictures of me and Jared here!

 Jared. 

What will happen when he finds out I'm not at the apartment? Does he know about this? Is he allowing these people to man-handle me? I walked over to the wall and punched it, letting out all of my anger and frustration. I actually surprised myself and left a dent in the wall. 

 Whoops. Hope the owners of the house aren't mad. Just kidding. I hope they get pissed. Maybe they'll take me back to Jared. That's all I could hope for. I smirked at my idea. I moved around the room denting the walls in various spots. I could hear people talking downstairs, so they must hear me. But why aren't they doing anything to stop me?

 I sighed after a few minutes and jumped onto the bed. I looked over the room to examine my work. Their were many dents in the walls now. With that I smiled to myself and laid down on my bed. On the bedside table was a glass of water. After glancing at it I realized how thirsty and hungry I was.

I took a sip from the glass. Well, I couldn't drink it all, what if that's the only water I get for awhile?Then my hunger took over. I was extremely hungry. Well I honestly don't understand why because the only meal I missed was breakfast that morning...

 If I had to do this the hard way, kick, scream, and yell, to get food, I was doing to.

 I got up and walked to the door. 

***

"So what should we do with the girl?" Derek said.

"Why did we even have to get the girl?" James asked.

"James, you know her parents were part of the tribe. Tradition says if an offspring is born with two parents in a tribe, she or he must be apart of that tribe, whether they like it or not. Seeing that Adrianne's parents died before her 18th birthday, the change of us." I replied monotone. Truthfully, I didn't want her here either. Her parents and my parents were the highest of ranks, but Adrianne's father was our alpha. We were an extremely strong pack so others would try to kill his daughter, his only heir. It was said the Parker family was special and had abilities far beyond any other werewolf. But we wouldn't know, Adrianne's father hardly ever shifted, and when he did, he didn't run, fight, or do anything of necessary skill.

After Adrianne's parents died, my father, his second-in-command, became alpha so I am the next heir. So I wasn't particularly happy that the original heir, rumored to have extreme power, strength, and speed, was back in my tribe. She didn't even know what she was! 

So the real question everyone wants to know is what will happen? Will the 'almighty' alpha's daughter or his second-in-command-made-alpha's son become the next alpha?

But thankfully, we didn't have to answer this. The Wish stone will. The Wish stone is a stone that one can hold in their hands turn it over and see a color. This color tells you what you will be after your 18th birthday. Alpha, Second, Third, etc. It is always right. It even shows the color for who will be your mate. So if two colors matched, they would be mates.

We use the Wish stone at the celebrations for people about to turn 18. I had this ritual months ago, when I turned 18. I am supposed to be an alpha. Thank god.  The only thing bothering me is that I haven't found anyone whose stone color was a deep purple to match mine...

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard loud bangs and shouts coming from the little problem's room. I sighed and walked up the stairs to handle her.

***

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and abruptly stopped. I didn't think someone would actually come. I leaned close to the door and listened just and I heard the lock click and the door flung open. I pulled away just in time so my head didn't get banged by the door.

 "What are you doing?! Do you not realize people are busy?" A masculine voice shouted. I stood up from where I was bent over and glared at him.

 "Uh who do you think you are? Abducting me from my home? Locking me in a room and leaving me with just a glass of water? What is wrong with you?" I shrieked at him.

***

I was taken aback. 

No one had ever returned my anger to my face. No one had ever disregarded me. I took a deep breathe. She didn't know who I was, or what I am. What we were. It's not her fault. But once she does know who I am, she'll be scared. And sorry for treating me this way.

I looked around the room my mother redecorated for her. I was very plain, but nicer than it used to be. 

Then I saw the dents. There were at least 20, huge, deep dents spread out around the walls. How could she do that? She was only 17! She shouldn't have that kind of strength yet. Let alone be able to defy a future alpha!

Maybe the almighty alpha stories were true and the heir has come to us. But no, she wasn't alpha. The Wishing stone said I was.

"So please tell me why I'm here?" She said spread across her bed. Wasn't she just in front of me? I would need to confront the elders about her. She's only 17 and showing signs of the almighty alpha. That's not good.

"I'm just going to come right out and say this. You're a werewolf. You're parents were werewolfs. You're father was alpha and an almighty wolf. You're his heir."

"WHAT?!?!?!" She screamed.