Back Story - Zero Bane

Zero Bane is one of my two male characters. He is a master in destruction magic (destruction 100) and a master in one handed weapons (OHW 100), but is not the leader of the Collage of Winterhold. And he is an Imperial. He is the leader of nothing. He has joined no extra group.

Zero Bane was incredibly gifted in the art of Destruction, ever since he was a young child. When he was 10 the imperial legion took him away from his family and looked him away in a room full of: books of destruction, robes etc. Soon he became very interested at what destruction magic could do to the human body. Zero began creating his own spells on how to use destruction to torture and painfully kill people, animals and any creature he could get his hands on. However, when he reached the age of 19 he was sent to the Imperial Legion as a mage. Zero quickly went throw the ranks and soon became the leader of a large group of mages. In his spare time however he always invented new spells to use destruction to torture and painfully kill the enemy.

By now Zero was 21 and was one of the most well known officers in the imperial army. However, when he found out that a group of his most trusted soldiers were leaking his plans and spells to the Thalmor, Zero killed them all. However he used a new spell, rightly named, ‘Finale Crescendo’. Which was a spell the used a horrific noise that would slowly irrupt the inside of your body, causing you to fall to the ground and slowly and very painfully die, as the inside of your body slowly irrupts. The process would take about 10 minutes. ‘Finale Crescendo’ can be directed at one person, a group or a 5m radius around the caster.

When the Imperial Legion found out about what Zero had done they were disgusted but also incredibly pleased. They told Zero that he would be sent to Skyrim and would use the spell on the Stormclockes. His mission was to kill all the citizens that did not surrender, and to kill all the Stormclockes without hesitation. He would use the spell ‘Finale Crescendo’, meaning it was almost impossible for anyone to fight him. He would not Kill Ulfric but badly wound him and take him back to Cyrodiil where he would be killed in front the Emperor as an example to everyone else.

So, Zero went to attack Ulfric and his men when he discovered another group of Imperial Soldiers had gone to kill Ulfric and his men at the border crossing between Cyrodiil and Skyrim. When he arrives he finds Ulfric and his men already fighting. Zero becomes incredibly angry and is about to use ‘Finale Crescendo’, when he is cut across the side of his head. Removing half of his hair on one side, also creating a large scar of his cheek. Zero is then taken prisoner by the Imperials and sent to Helgen to be executed. And so Zero’s time in Skyrim begins.

After escaping Helgen Zero removes himself from magic all together, and becomes an expert in one handed weapons. He never joins any group and only goes to Whiterun because he was asked to speak to the Jarl. After discovering that he is the Dragonborn he focuses on that and quickly is known for being the Dragonborn, not an Imperial Officer. After destroying Alduin, Zero goes to live in Whiterun.

Where an old Imperial officer recognises Zero, he is then summoned to Solitude. After it is confirmed that Zero is the imperial Officer Zero Bane, he is summoned to Cyrodiil. However, Zero has no meet a woman called Anwen, a Dibella priest in Markarth. Zero refuses to return to Cyrodiil, and asks the hand in marriage of Anwen. They marry, and Zero buys some land in the outskirts of Dawnstar near Whiterun. They have two children and spend the rest of their lives together. And Zero never once touched magic after Helgen.

I really wanted to create a Back story, and have no idea why I haven’t before. Zero is one of my favourite characters, and what is said above is all true. I haven’t played Zero in a while because I believe his story is now finished. After all, all good stories must come to an end.

I hope you enjoyed this. Rin