Damm Blades, if you really knew who I once was...

When the Blades order you to kill Paarthurnax, I just couldn’t. He was the reason I took the main quest seriously. I stopped all other quests, and just focussed on the main quest. I didn’t want to kill him; he was the first dragon that completely changed my entire mind on Skyrim. When I delved deeper into Skyrim’s history and found out that all Dragons took man as slaves, I thought that every dragon deserved to die, and to stay dead. But understanding Paarthurnax’s story changed my mind. I began to stop purposely hunting down dragons, just to kill them. And I started letting them come to me, I felt that I was giving them a chance to except their fate in the world of Skyrim. As dark shadows in the sky, no longer rulers of man. But when they came to fight me, I felt that they couldn’t accept their fate. And as my duty being Dragonborn, I killed them.

Also Paarthurnax made me fight differently, he had accepted the fact he must remain a shadow in the sky. He made me believe that everyman in Skyrim deserves a second chance. Even if what they had done was unacceptable (like try and kill me). Even if I sometimes forgot this and just killed them, and eventually it started to get slightly annoying, especially when I started the Dark Brotherhood quest. But I stick to the Dragon hunting, unless it’s a quest to kill a dragon.

Also what you receive from killing Paarthurnax is really bad, and to honest I don’t think it’s worth the trouble of seeing him die. I would just be to upset. You only become allies with the Blades and receive their armour. Sure, there are other side quests, but I think they’re just pointless. And don’t add anything real to the game. You also can no longer talk to the Greybeards. Also the ending to the main quest line is different, but I love the ending. I feel that it truly draws an end to the main quest. And I’m left with an understanding of what is happening.

Also if the Blades really knew what my Dragonborn was like they would say it was okay, because I’m the Dragonborn. But to be honest, I’ve done worst things in Skyrim then all the dragons put together….

Hey, you PC players. There’s a way to get the best of both worlds. Paarthurnax stays alive, the Greybeards love you still, and Blades talk to you. Welcome to the wonderful world of cheats. Enter the following code:

setstage  MQPaarthurnax 100

Talos be with you.