Chapter 31: Clow Reed's Past and the Origin of the Clow Cards

It was dark. He can feel the scorching flames running through his body, all because of her. His eyelids shut tighter as another wave of pain coursed through. That girl will pay for sealing him like this, in front of minions no less! With difficulty, he curled his fists at the remembrance of his humiliation.

It will only be a matter of time before his awakening, and he will get his revenge. He can already feel his conscious stirring. He can vision his two generals doing what they can to release him.

The memory of a girl with flowing golden blind hair and icy aquamarine eyes popped in his mind. Her arms outstretched as a blinding light surrounded them before everything went black and pain erupted.

'Soon, Kaylina, I will destroy you.'

~**~

Aquamarine eyes snapped open as a sudden chill ran down her spine. She looked around her darkness-covered realm with her dress flowing with her movements and narrowed her eyes in thought.

"Could he be...?" Her hand moved to the pendant on her chest and clutched it. "Mikan, Karin, hurry."

~**~

A pair of arms reached the sky before falling down on the brunette's side. All seven students were on the rooftops for their lunch and were enjoying the light breeze and warmth of the sun. The four girls occupied the bench facing the fenced side of the roof with the guys on the blanket covered ground.

"It's getting chilly, don't you think?" Tomoyo started a conversation, getting nods of agreement in response. "I hope the weather will be fair soon."

Mikan was the only one who didn't agree.

"NO! I hope it will rain really hard soon! So all the classes will be cancelled!" A fist smacked her head. "Ouch!" She turned to the culprit beside her. "What was that for, Karin?!"

The peach-blond swallowed before replying with a blank stare, "One, don't jinx it. Two, don't even think about using your Weather Alice." At this, Mikan avoided eye contact. "Three, stop whining and eat!"

"...Sorry." The brunette pouted. Feeling a glare on her, she didn't bother to turn. "Is something wrong, Mister Li?" From the corner of her eyes, his own orbs widened but he didn't show any indication of being surprised.

"I don't trust you."

"Oh? May I ask why?"

"...Those twins appeared out of nowhere and Sakura barely managed to defeat them even with me around. Then you guys appeared."

"You're suspicious of our motives." It was not a question, both of them knew that. "Sakura already trusts us because we are telling the truth, even more when we have proof. She can't defeat them alone and neither can we. Everything depends on us now." To avoid suspicion, she conversed with Sakura on her other side but made eye contact with him.

Syaoran tried not to let his tightened grip on his lunchbox show. "How is...Kaylina related with Clow?" His eyes narrowed when her amber eyes seemingly twinkled.

"Now you've asked the right question." Shifting her gaze, she maintained an innocent expression. "Hey, hey, we still haven't told you how Kaylina knew Clow Reed, right? I think this is the perfect chance!"

Sakura perked up at this and Tomoyo leaned in with interest. "Yes, please."

Karin placed her finished lunch on her lap and looked thoughtful. "You're right. Well, it all started when one of Kaylina's spell accidentally went wrong..."
(A/N BTW, all of their pasts will be revealed a whole lot later. Right, @chewybillabong? *wink*)