Chapter Nineteen: Broken Hearts

~Peter~

As I struggled to escape my binds I kept feeling betrayal. The one time I open up to someone and it's all a trap. I could feel my power draining the more I fight to get out. With each hand chained above my head, I give up. For the first time Peter Pan fails and with a broken heart.

"How could I've been so stupid!" I yelled. I sag my head and close eyes. She was haunting me. I reopen my eyes to see a laughing Hook enter through the door. He brought his face to the bars of my cage.

"The only reason into why you are stupid mate is because you didn't believe your beloved." He laughed.

Then it hit me. Max was as broken hearted as I was!

"It was all a set up!" I yelled.

"And you crumbled down. The Queen gets her daughter back, and I get my revenge."

Anger was building up inside me. It was a trick and I ended up hurting Max. Hook took something out of his pocket and shoved it between the bars, into my face. It was a wedding invitation, I read down and my heart sank. It wa for Max. Hook pulled it from my eyes.

"It was an arranged marriage, and sadly it will be the last thing that you ever see." And he walked out.

Once again I fought my binds. I have to stop that wedding.

~Max~

I slammed to the side as we entered the portal. I groaned and grabbed my injured arm. I winced at my own touch.

"Here dear," My mother offered. "let me fix that."

She waved her hand over my bandage and the wound was gone. She healed me just as Peter would do in Neverland.

"Can't have the future bride hurt before her wedding day!"

I flinched at the word.

"Wedding?!" I screamed.

My mother sent me a smug smile.

"Of course! A princess has to grow up Maxine."

"Max" I growled.

I sat on a bench speechless. My head went to my hands. My mother walked towards the door.

"I'll leave you be." She laughed.

"Wait! No no no no no." I ran to the door as I heard theocracy click. I slammed on the door trying to open it with my last efforts.

"Peter!" I yelled through my tears.

With my back to the door I sunk to the floor. My head in my knees as I cried. This is all her fault. She doesn't want me to be happy. She doesn't want me to have love, just because she didn't. She has no heart. She's a monster.