Chapter One: Fighting

Amethyst's POV:

I was walking to school like any other day. I always hated school. The teachers always assigning homework and all that other junk. I was new here since I was kicked out by my other school for getting into a fight. It seems I am always a bad kid. No matter how hard I tried I always got into trouble.

I eventually reached that hell hole of a school. It started to rain and I felt a tear run down my face. I wiped it away. Not everyone could be bad at this school right? The steps to the school were wide and short. As I walked up the stairs I saw a few people talking and laughing. It must be nice to laugh. I haven't laughed in a while. My first class is Geometry. I hated that class. Stupid formulas.

I walked down the hallway with my backpack heavy on my shoulder. When I walked into the classroom everyone stared at me, but there was this one girl who kept her nose in a book. I could tell she was a nerd. I took my seat at the back of the classroom like I always did. Only nerds sat at the front. The teacher walked in with a smile on her face. "Hello class." She said with a smile. Her hair was pink and her white dress flowed as she took a step. Her gem was on her belly button. She was pretty, I wish I looked that good. "I see we have a new student. Would you mind introducing yourself?" She asked and smiled at me. "Yes." I said and layed my head down on the desk. "Don't be shy. I'll give you extra credit." When the teacher said extra credit my head shot up. "My name is Amethyst. I like to cook." I said and put my head back down on the desk. "Thank you." She said.

Pearl's POV:

I was just at the last chapter of my book, when I saw out of the corner of my eye, a girl walked in. I could tell she was new, so I figured I would introduce myself to her at the end of class. She introduced herself as Amethyst and seemed to not care about the class, which made me sad. Education is important to build a person's personality. I saw that Amethyst had fallen asleep during the class and I shook my head.

Mrs. Quartz lectured for the class and we had time to work on our homework for a bit. After a few minutes the bell rang. That's when I walked up to Amethyst and poked her in the arm. "Hey. Wake up." I whispered. Her head shot up and she punched me in the face. "Get off of me!" She yelled and kept on hitting me. She blinked a couple times and snapped out of her daze. "Amethyst!" The teacher yelled getting Amethyst off of me. "Huh? What? What time is it?" She asked. "It is time for you to go down to the principles office." Mrs. Quartz said in a firm tone. She handed Amethyst a an office slip. "Pearl can show you. I expect you to apologize." She said and Amethyst slouched. "Alright." She mumbled. "Pearl would you please show Amethyst to the office?" Mrs. Quartz asked me with a smile. I nodded my head. "Good. Thank you." She said and out of the door we went.

We both walked in silence. My face hurt from being hit so many times. I was fine. Nothing too bad. We both walked down the stairs and reached the office. Amethyst walked up to the attendance lady. "Go back to that hallway and take a right." She said. "Pearl, you go with her." She smiled at me and I nodded my head.

Amethyst knocked on the principles door. "Come in." She said. When we both walked in, we took a seat at the two chairs in front of her desk. "Why did you hit Pearl?" She asked Amethyst. "Back at my old school you had to learn how to defend yourself." She said. "Why was that?" She asked. "Because I used to get bullied. I was sick of it, so I got into fights. Whenever someone touched me I would hit them." She said and Mrs. Yellowdiamond nodded her head. "For your honesty I won't give you a detention, but I expect you to hug Pearl and say that your sorry." She said. "Ugh. Fine." She said and Amethyst barely hugged me. "Good. You are free to go." She said. "Pearl you stay." Mrs. Yellowdiamond said and I did as she told me. "Keep an eye on her." She said and I nodded my head. "Yes. I will." I said and I left the room.

Dance was my next class. I always loved to dance. I looked around and saw my friends Ruby and Sapphire flirting with each other as usual. They were opposites, but they got along well and I was supridlsed that they haven't fused yet. I saw Amethyst in the corner messing with her phone. "Today you will be assigned a partner to dance with." Miss. Emerald said. "Ruby and Sapphire. Lapis and Peridot. Pearl and Amethyst." She said and when I heard those words I looked over at Amethyst who was still on her phone. "Great." I muttered.

Amethyst's POV:

I was in the corner of the room playing a game on my phone. The teacher had paired us with other gems. I heard my name being called and that I was paired with Pearl. "Great." I muttered. "Go and find your partners." The teacher said with a smile and Pearl started to walk in my direction. "Ugh." I said and put my phone away. "Hi." She said and her shoulders were slouched. "Hey." I said. "Here." She handed me a piece of paper. "It's a rubric." I looked at the paper and all it said was that you could do any dance you wanted. "That's it?" I asked and Pearl nodded her head. "I can tell by your outfit that you like ballet." I said and Pearl nodded her head and blushed a little. "Our dancing styles do not go together at all. I am more of a club dancer. Not a ballet dancer." I said and Pearl had a discusted look on her face. "So basically eratic and formless." She said in a matter of factly tone. "Don't test me." My words were sharp and crisp.