[46] "Can I ask you something?"

An: Sorry for the delay. Life is hectic right now. This was mostly written on my phone so there will be mistakes.

Happy Saturday!

[46] "Can I ask you something?"

Travis County Jail - Austin, Texas

Sammie felt exhaustion overcome him as he sat against the wall of his jail cell. He adjusted his arms as he felt the cold surface rub against them. There was no way for him to be comfortable. He had already tried. The mattress he sat on might as well not be present and there was too much chatter happening around him to get some peace. He wanted to go home. Despite feeling a small bout of gloom and helplessness, he refused to be apologetic for what happened to Quincy. He only regretted getting arrested.

Where are they?

Twelve hours was long enough for him to spend confined, and he was ready to shower and eat a decent meal. When he was taken to the jail in the middle of the night, he was put in a holding cell and was able to call his parents. After cursing and shouting at him, his dad got in touch with his uncle to help. Zeke was present at court with him first thing in the morning for his first appearance and Sammie was grateful to have an attorney in the family.

Zeke had eased some of his anxiousness as they stood in front of the judge side by side. Sammie had fucked up plenty of times but nothing to this degree. It was a new experience for him, and even though he didn't have his head in legal books like Teddy, it appeared to go well. His uncle was able to get him a lowered bond. Right after court, it was paid but Sammie still had to wait inside of the jail before he could go home. How long does paperwork take? He wondered.

He closed his eyes and decided to lay down on the hard ass mattress and flat pillow. Being charged with a misdemeanor was a lot better than a felony. When Quincy brought Nevaeh up in their fight, he went mad and picked up a brick with all intention to smash him in the face. Quincy ended up moving out of the way, and the brick landed on the windshield instead. The glass shattered against Sammie's arm. As he was picking the small particles from his skin, Tana's father was calling the cops, and he was taken into custody shortly after. What pissed him off even more was seeing the smug look on Quincy's face while he was being handcuffed.

Sammie's thoughts were interrupted when an officer approached. After he heard a loud cranking noise. His cell opened up.

"Samuel Coleman, you're set to go."

He practically ran out of the cell. He took a deep breath the moment he stepped outside into the warm weather. Springtime in Austin was beautiful. Seeing the surroundings brightened his dreary mood immediately.

"I don't know if I should beat your ass or give you a hug."

Sammie hadn't noticed his very pregnant mother standing to the side.

"Hug before the ass beating," he requested already moving towards her.

Sierra wrapped her arms around her son. "Are you okay?"

"No." There was no reason for him to lie.

"Did anyone try to fuck you?"

Despite being a horrendous mood, Sammie cracked a small smile. "It's county jail, not prison."

Sierra chuckled before she leaned away to observe her son. He looked the same besides the weariness his eyes. When she got the phone call from the jail, she had a panic attack. Sammie was 18, but he was still her baby, her first born. She was happy to see that he was straight. "Did you have a rough night?"