[19] "I can't choose."

New Orleans, Lousiana

Sydney barely noticed the comedian on stage at LaNuit Comedy Theatre. Her mind was on her three children back home in Austin. It took a lot for her to leave them behind. Sierra and Zeke had to practically drag her out the door for their weekend getaway.

"Do you think the kids are okay?" Sydney asked her husband.

"They're fine. The girls are with your parents and Teddy knows right from wrong. Stop worrying," Zeke replied. "We raised a good kid."

Ethan took a swig of his beer. He was sitting across from them at the table. "Sammie is with him."

"That's why I'm worried," Sydney replied.

Jonathan chuckled.

Johari wanted to ease her sister in law's fears. "Jayda's there. They're all going to the movies. She's a good girl. So don't worry."

Sierra sipped her wine. Something about her expression made Sydney worry even more.

Zeke squeezed his wife's hands. "We never get the opportunity to have a weekend away. Let's enjoys it. Everything is fine," he repeated.

-:-

Austin, Texas

Everything was not fine.

Nevaeh felt claustrophobic in the large master bedroom where Sammie's parents slept. There were too many people in the space and they were all staring at her, silently demanding answers.

She pulled the shirt down to cover her behind. She still had her underwear on but felt scandalous in a room of fully clothed people. Well almost fully clothed. Teddy was standing behind her shirtless. Her left hand was plastered against his skin to keep him away from Sammie. Her right hand was pressed against Sammie. She didn't want them fighting and was trying her best to prevent it from happening.

Her eyes went towards the bed and the rumpled sheets. She didn't know how they moved from the laundry room to the bedroom. She didn't want to be a cliché but she believed the alcohol had something to do with it. A huge part of her was thankful when Sammie walked in and interrupted things. If not, more than just her pants would have been gone.

"I think we should give Sammie, Vay and Teddy some privacy," London suggested to everyone else in the room.

Nevaeh eyes shifted to her best friend. No! she screamed inside.

"Or....maybe we should start cleaning?" London suggested after seeing Nevaeh's eyes pop out of her head at mention of the first suggestion.

Chris being the supportive boyfriend quickly agreed. "That's a good idea, babe."

Everyone started moving out the door.

Nevaeh relaxed a little.

"No!" Sammie yelled.

Nevaeh heart rate went up.

"I want to know what's up." Sammie started. "I want to know why I came into my parent's room and found you and my cousin in bed together. I want to know how long this has been going on."

"Since last night," Teddy replied.

It was said the same exact time as Nevaeh said, "Nothing is going on."

Nevaeh tried to ignore the hurt look on Teddy's face. She didn't want to add fuel to the fire so she was trying her best to end the conversation with Sammie.