Arrows and Daggers

60 years later
Legolas was a handsome elf with blonde hair and blue eyes. Tauriel had long brown hair and sparkling brown eyes. Thranduil had sent her the training house where she had become a great solider. She reminded me of myself. She had keen eyes and ears. Legolas was a different story. He was ten times better than her. His gift come the One. Legolas never missed a target and he had amazing skills with a dagger. He was smart and just like his father.
I watched as Legolas shot target after target in the bullseye. After the tenth one, he turned to me for approval. I smiled and said
"Legolas, you have a gift. Don't use it for evil." He sat down next to me. Even if he was an adult, I pulled him close to me and gave him a hug.
"I need to see Thranduil, Legolas. Keep it up." He bowed and smiled. I gently touched his cheek and walked back to the palace.
When I got to the throne room ,Thranduil pacing the circle room.
"Thranduil. What's wrong?" He didn't answer and just walked around and around, making me feel dizzy. I walked up to him and took his hand.
"Thranduil, please want is wrong?" He looked at me and slowly replied
"We have heard that orcs have returned to Gundabad."
"First a dragon then they leave. Now they return. The world is changing." Thranduil turned to his throne and said
"Ellarian, I must go. I have promised to help Elrond and Galadriel with the attack." I gently grabbed his arm
"Thranduil, let me come with you." He shook his head.
"Thranduil, please. For our son. If we fail then he will die. I love Legolas more then life. I will die for me." Thranduil faced me and shouted back
"I can't lose you, Ellarian! Not like I lost my father and my mother." I walked up to him and gently touched his cheek.
"This is our fight. Am I not part of this world?" Thranduil looked at his feet.
"I will never forgive myself if you die."
"I will not go down without a fight." Thranduil barely nodded and I turned to walk to my room.

That night, I washed and went out onto the balcony. I found Legolas leaning against the railing, looking out into the forest.
"Father said you are going to war." I smiled and wrapped an arm around him.
"Yes we are. You must stay here and protect the kingdom with Tauriel." He nodded and replied
"I wanted to wish you well, Natha." I hugged Legolas and whispered
"I love you, my Greenleaf. Now go. Get some sleep while you can." He nodded and kissed my cheek. I watched him walk into his room.
"They grow up too fast." Thranduil said. I smiled and leaned against my husband.
"Yes. They do."