//the doctor from down under//.

Yay another "drabble chapter". If you got any Qs, just let me know.

__________________________

//one year after waking up//.

<<princeton plainsboro teaching hospital.

<<one day after attack on xander.

"Results?" You asked with your hands resting under your chin as you leaned against the cafeteria table.

"Mr. Quill isn't on the casualty list."

A sigh slipped your lips as you leaned back in your seat. It was late and the entire cafeteria was empty. Even the workers were gone, and you were partially positive you weren't even supposed to be in here. However, you wanted to be alone and this was the only place you were one hundred percent positive nobody would bother you.

"[Name]."

Scratch that. Apparently, your one hundred percent positive feeling was wrong. You twisted in your seat, away from Orion, to see Chase standing in the doorway a couple feet away staring at you. He had replaced his white lab coat for a dark brown leather jacket. He also removed his tie and unbuttoned the top few buttons to show his undershirt.

"Hey there." You nodded at him, "I almost didn't recognize you without the doctor getup."

Chase forced a small smile at your pathetic attempt at a joke and then stepped further into the room, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." You replied quickly, "I just didn't feel like sitting in my room. Plus, I'm hiding from House."

"He left five minutes ago with the black box." Chase chuckled.

You stood up, "Great. Guess I'm free to wander."

Chase watched as you crossed the room toward him, but before you could pass him he took a sudden step back so he remained in front of you. You raised an eyebrow at him in curiosity. Chase nodded as a small smirk slipped onto his lips, "You look like you could use a drink."

The bar wasn't far from the hospital, maybe five miles at the most. It wasn't overly crowded, but was still filled with the soft hum of conversation. You sat on a barstool with your back against the bar table. Chase sat on your left with one arm leaning against the bar table so he faced you.

"Orion seems like a lot of help." Chase said as the two of you waited for the bartender to get your drinks.

You chuckled, "You have no idea." The spark had distracted Red Alert so you could sneak out with Chase since you technically weren't allowed out of the hospital. "He's saved my ass more times than I can count."

"Does it get boring spending so much time with him?" Chase questioned, "You're traveling a lot with only him."

You shrugged, "There are times when I get annoyed at him, but that's usually because he didn't let me do something I wanted to do and most of the time when he does that I'm later glad I listened to him." Chase let out a short laugh and you continued with a smile, "I never get bored of talking to him though. It's weird. It's like... I don't know, like he's just a part of who I am. An extension of me."