//the encouraging puppy//.

Another drabble chapter! Although, that name isnt very fitting becasue it's not really a drabble. It's actually very important to the storyline...um...yeah. I'll think of a better name to call it instead of drabble chapter later. Let me know what you think and all that jazz XD

_____________________________

//four months after waking up//.

The melody drifted through the air softly. Maybe you'd have it up louder if it were a better song, but for now the overly played pop tune would remain background noise. Your heavy eyelids threatened to close. It was nearly midnight and you were beyond ready to be home and in your bed. Ten more minutes. Just ten more minutes of driving.

You held one hand over your mouth to stifle a yawn and then rolled your shoulders. At least the college semester was over. Your summer vacation would officially start tomorrow and you couldn't be happier.

The sound of screeching tires jolted your senses. The car in the opposite lane swerved and suddenly your vision was filled with headlights. You should've swerved, or slammed on the breaks, or...something. You should've done anything other than sit there stupidly as the other car slammed into yours forcing your own car to flip.

The only thing you felt next was pain. There was no shock, no surprise, no disbelief, or fear. It was only pain. Mind-numbing, earth shattering pain. Blood dripped from your face and began to pool on the roof of your car, which was now under you. Your head was pounding, your chest ached, each breath was shallow, and it felt like your lungs had been filled with glass. Your legs...were they even still connected to you? Did you even still have them or were they ripped away to be buried under the twisted metal of your car? You didn't know. You didn't know because everything below your waist was numb.

You were positive that you were dying. This had to be what it felt like to have death knocking on your door. If it wasn't then you wish it were. All you wanted to do was die. There was too much pain for you to hope for anything short of death.

Then the pain was gone.

There was still blood oozing down your face, but your entire body had become frozen. Your eyes glanced at the metal casing that covered your body. Where were you? This was your car, this was your accident. When were you?

"Orion?" You cried out in a broken voice. What was happening? "Orion!?"

Where was your spark? Was he even still here? It started to get hard to breathe, as if someone was sitting on your chest. Your bottom lip quivered, "Mom? Dad?" Were you alone again? You hated to be alone. You were scared to be alone. "A-Anyone?"

There was the shuffling of feet as someone drew close. You knew what was coming. He was here. The drunk driver. He'd bend down and slur his words at you before you'd fall unconscious. You remembered this.

The feet came to a stop and he knelt down to lay his head against the asphalt to look at you. However, it wasn't the drunk driver you remembered. His face was burned into your memory. This face was one you'd never forget either.

It was you.

"[Name]." The other you sighed in a soft voice. Fear began to claw its way through your body. This you wasn't the same. This you's face had burn wounds all over her face with black goo oozing out of the wounds. Her smile was sickly sweet and much to wide to be comforting. Her eyes were solid black with a ring of white dots in the middle, "You'll never be alone, [Name]."