Changing Tails

The four sat, side by side. The girl and boy in the centre, the large, proud, golden lizard on one side, the small, gentle hatchling on the other. They were seated by the edge of a cliff, staring at the vast expanse of forest ahead.

"Du Weldenvarden" Stated Autumn, breaking the peaceful silence which had descended on the group.
"It's so much bigger than I ever thought. Not that I knew it existed until Pharaoh chose me."
Pharaoh had grown steadily and quickly over the past few weeks, he was now a similar height to a horse, and much longer. Fiolr said it wouldn't be long until he could be ridden.

Tiny in comparison to Pharaoh, Lotha was the size of a large cat, a large cat with daggers for teeth and beautiful aquamarine wings. The dragons were not the only ones changing. Autumn was stronger than ever, and happier too. She hadn't changed much. Ari, on the other hand, was a completely different story. He went from being a very quiet boy to openly speaking to the group, and even strangers. He was fast too. On the occasional practice fights he had, he was extremely quick, he would make a fine swordsman.

The sun was sinking slowly below the horizon, painting an incredible image, with pink, red and orange fired across the sky as a white orb slowly edged below the horizon. The sight was truly incredible. DuWeldenvarden looked dark, but surprisingly beautiful. The trees looked both welcoming and evil at once. It was enough to make the two children shiver.

That was when the two dragons took off, flying into the air, chasing one another's tails. Ari and Autumn smiled at each other, watching as their partners frolicked in the air.
You know, the air here is nice. It's calmed than near the Spine.

Pharaoh's voice momentarily shocked Autumn, but by now she was getting used to the strange feeling in her mind. Although it was a completely alien feeling, Autumn and Ari could barely remember a time when they didn't constantly have a voice in their heads.

Lotha had a very complex personality. She loved to fly, but hated the rain. According to both her and Ari, it made her scales itch. Lotha was moderately friendly towards Pharaoh, but seemed to dislike Autumn, for some unknown reason. She was only two days old, yet she almost had as big an ego as Pharaoh.

The group was camping in a small clearing, a few miles from the foreshadowing forest. (Such alliteration :P). Yaela and Fiolr both seemed to be happy to be entering the forest. But, according to what they had been told, Ellesmera, the elven capital was somewhere deep in the gloomy forest.

You said we would be arriving tomorrow?
Asked Autumn.
I believe so, I can't wait to meet the other Rid-
Pharaoh's thought was cut short by the startled yelp coming from Lotha; as she fell from the sky.

<3