Riddle me this

It was a day after Pharaoh had begun to speak. That meant it was the Teirm egg ceremony. Yay. Having been cooped up for a day with nothing to do Autumn and Pharaoh were both extremely bored.

"Yaela? When can we take the turquoise egg to the stage?" The area where the egg ceremony was set to be held was a large square with a raised stage in the centre.

"Soon, Autumn, soon." Although she was annoyed Autumn was glad Yaela didn't call her child anymore. It was bad enough with Pharaoh's new nickname.
Did she say when we could go out, small one? Asked Pharaoh.
I will answer your question if you tell me why you call me 'small one'. Answered a smiling Autumn. She didn't know why but whenever Pharaoh spoke to her she always felt happy and bubbly inside.
I call you small one because you are small. Deal with it Autumn.

Autumn laughed.
Fine, she said soon.
How helpful. Said Pharaoh, as sarcastic as a Dragon could possibly sound.

"Autumn? It's time to go. Please could you and Pharaoh come through here."

Autumn and Pharaoh hurried into the entrance room of the tent.

Yaela lifted up an ornate chest and carried it out of the tent, Autumn and Pharaoh trotting at her heels. Autumn was shocked by the amount of children, young and old milling about in the square. The hubbub of noise died down when the people saw Pharaoh. By now Fiolr had joined the three. They walked onto the stage, Autumn and Pharaoh standing away from the crowd, Yaela and Fiolr facing the masses fully.

"Greetings, people of Teirm. We are the egg couriers and we are here to find a new Dragon rider." Fiolr said, addressing the crowd. He proceeded to explain what would happen if the egg hatched and also how long the children should touch the egg.

He then asked everyone to form a line. They did so.

The rest of the day was boring. Autumn played riddles with Pharaoh for a large portion of it.
My shallow hills are the faces of kings,
My horizon is always near,
My music sends men to the grave,
And my absence sends men to work.
What am I?

(First person to answer this in the comments gets a dedication :) )

Autumn puzzled over this one for a while. Eventually she sighed, defeated.
Tell me then. I have no idea.

No. This is something you should figure out yourself. It will increase your tiny mental capacity.

Autumn couldn't help but laugh.