Ari & 1k reads :)

The sun was beginning to fall behind the horizon but still the egg hadn't stirred. Autumn and Pharaoh had stopped playing games and were simply sitting next to one another, watching the line of young boys and girls touch the turquoise egg. Autumn was starting to fall asleep when Pharaoh contacted her.

Small one? Does that look like the boy I saw on the way here? He asked, directing Autumn's gaze to a young boy who was walking up to the stage. Her eyes widened. It was the boy Pharaoh had seen.

He walked up, onto the stage and approached the egg. He looked very nervous, his hands were shaking was he reached out towards the egg. His 10 minutes began.

Eight minutes had passed with nothing. The boy had gone pale and was hugging the egg to his chest. He began rocking back and forth, not looking quite sane.

Pharaoh roared loudly, his sensitive ears aching from the intensity of the squeal the egg had emitted. The boy sat on the stool, shocked.

"What is your name?" Asked Yaela in a quiet, gentle tone.

"A-Ari" The boy stuttered, confused and terrified.

At this point the crowd was yelling very loudly. Autumn heard some of the calls:

"Why did the worm get to be rider mother? Stupid boy."

Many cruel words were yelled out by the people, all directed at Ari who, still clutching the egg to his chest, went bright red and hung his head.

Yaela must have also noticed this because she took Ari's arm and walked him over to Autumn.

"Take him to the tent. I'll sort things out here" Autumn nodded and escorted Ari to the tent, battling through the people to get there. The only real reason they managed to get there was because of Pharaoh. He growled at anyone who came near.

Air followed obediently behind Autumn, holding the egg tightly in his arms. When they made it to the tent he sat down, looking shocked

"Umm... Hi." Said Autumn in a feeble attempt to make conversation.

Ari remained silent.

If the squirt does not want to talk don't make him. He can sit in silence until he rots if that's what he wants. Said Pharaoh.

Autumn couldn't think of much to reply with about the topic so simply said

Squirt?

He needs a nickname and he is pretty small.

Autumn laughed aloud. Ari looked at her like she was mad.

Oops.

Hai! Have an update and a cookie.

This is dedicated to @ValarMorghulisArya (tell me if I spelt that wrong) for being the first person to answer the riddle correctly. The answer was:

Coin

<3