A Sarcastic Dragon

Hi! Sorry for the wait. At the start I said this was duo-written and unfortunately one of us was ill :(
However now she is recovered the story can continue :).

Autumn's head snapped up.

"Pharaoh? Was that you?" She asked, exited and confused.

"Who else?" Said the Dragon, looking up at Autumn with what she was certain was a draconic smirk.

"So... You can speak now?"

"Obviously."

And with that Pharaoh turned and promptly fell asleep on the pillow.

Autumn was sat on a small bed in a 'room' inside the tent. Pharaoh was curled up on a pillow, sleeping. With every breath he would snort slightly and a small puff of smoke would come out, temporarily blinding Autumn.

Autumn heard a noise. It sounded like many people arguing. Curiosity forced her to walk to the tent opening and peek through the opening. There she saw the elves, striding towards her tent, followed by a huge crowd of humans, all of whom were raising their fists or shouting angrily. The din created was deafening. Autumn returned to her bed and waited around five seconds.

"Autumn. We have returned." Said Yaela, in a slightly annoyed tone. "You may not leave until the Teirm egg ceremony, tomorrow." Autumn opened her mouth to complain but quickly shut it when she saw Yaela's expression.

"Umm... Why are people shouting outside?" She ventured, nervous the elf would be angry.

"The people of Teirm have been requesting this become an independent province, like Surda, since Eragon killed Galbatorix. They seem to think that if they be as uncooperative as possible they will be more likely to get what they want." Explained Yaela, her voice changing in tone throughout the speech. After this the group sat in silence, only broken by the slight snores coming from the direction Pharaoh lay in.

Autumn broke the silence.

"Pharaoh speaks. He has an annoying sense of humour."

Yaela smiled.

"It is good that he is speaking early. That is a sign of an intelligent Dragon."
"And of course, we all know that I am a very intelligent Dragon." Said a voice from the corner. Autumn sighed. This was going to get annoying.

Sorry it's short. Life stuff is busy :P
Hopefully 4 more chapters this week but not 100% sure :)
Remember,
Please Vote/Comment/Follow/BeANarwhal