Censored.

Warnings : FlUfFy StUfF

Word Count : 750

_______________________________________________

Censored is what Phil made Dan.

Dan tried to limit his swearing and now he only bought the radio edits or clean versions. Phil was so pure and clean, and Dan cherished this fact, he needed someone to purify his dirty past.

That was a lie, though. Dan's past was normal, average if anything. Yet he felt too exposed to dirt, scum, alcohol, and drugs. Now when he's living with Phil, this exposure has narrowed until it was no more.

Dan never wanted that to change.

But Dan felt censored in another sense. He now couldn't say the one thing he wanted the most. Dan wouldn't even allow himself to drink, because liquid courage would probably make him spit those words out and damage their perfectly clean and censored relationship.

Dan never wanted that to change.
He didn't want to spoil the ripened fruit.
He also hated metaphors.

________

Open, that's what Dan made Phil. Phil could tell Dan nearly anything, because unlike Dan, Phil actually came from a difficult background. He wasn't thrown out of his house, but he definitely felt separated from his family.

Being open, Phil broke out of his shell and could tell Dan about his mum's remarriages until she felt obligated to keep him, not that she wanted him to say. Phil was disgusted that her current husband was almost his age, and that he didn't want a wife with a million divorces and an equal number of children.

Phil was glad that things had changed.

When he said about how he didn't want a wife to Dan, he wasn't open with the fact that he didn't want a wife period. He wanted a loving boyfriend, and then fiance, and hopefully husband. But the lonely nights mulling over these facts made him comprise a list of all the things he looked for in a partner.

Phil was glad that things had changed.
Even though he couldn't talk about this one fact, he had someone to love.
He also was a sucker for a cheesy ending.

________

Partner. That was what the list was titled. Not girlfriend, nor boyfriend.
Dan had found the folded up piece of paper inside one of Phil's pockets after doing the laundry.

"Partner" Not gender specific. Could he even be allowed to hope? Could Phil be bi, or gay? This was silly, of course, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

1. Kind heart.
2. Loves animals, maybe ones that weren't meant to be house pets.
3. Loves to take a risk.
4. Understands my problems, but doesn't just pity me.

Dan was amazed. None of the numbers so far had anything to do with physicalities or beauty.

5. Honest.
6. Willing to change for me

Honesty, that's something Dan could work on... but he certainly was willing to change for Phil.

7. Emotional eyes.
8. Good taste in music.
9. Not racist/sexist/discriminatory
10. Has a face.

Dan chuckled, "Has a face." That was cute, funny, and totally Phil-like.

11. He has to enjoy just hanging out.
12. We have to be roommates and friends before anything happens.
13. Won't mind my appetite.

Phil certainly did have such a large appetite for being so slim and fit. Dan smiled at that.

Wait.

11. He has to enjoy just hanging out.

HE. As in male. Not He/She nor They, but He.

Dan quickly folded up the paper, slipping it back into his crush's pants.
He, he, he, HE! The words spilled and swirled around Dan's mind with his disbelief strengthening.

______

Phil had come home, a pile of folded clothes on his bed. A grin quickly spread across his face. Of course Dan was that considerate. He giggled while thinking how Dan's clothes were probably strewn across his messy room right now.

Went in to check on his best friend. Quietly opening the door, he let out a breath noticing his friend was asleep instead of awake and questioning.

Creeping closer, he noticed his friend was whispering words in his sleep. Phil crept closer, lowering his head in order to hear the words.

"He, he, he, he, he" Words repeated, a mantra.

Phil started to tear up, did this mean that Dan was thinking about someone else? Even if it wasn't romantically... Who was he kidding, he was whispering "he" in his sleep, it must be romantically inclined. To a man.

To a man.

To a man?

Did this mean that Dan was gay or bi? Could Phil have a chance at his crush? This was too much to process. Phil crept out of Dan's room, going to his own and falling asleep with a newfound jealousy and hope.

______

Both of the friends were lost in dreams, fantasies, and memories, wondering what the possibilities could be. 

___________________