Chapter Twenty Five - End.

This is it peeps. Enjoy.

----------------------

I needed to reach ground soon; I could already feel that I was losing strength in my wings. The ceremony was almost over, but I pushed it to the back of my mind. For now, I have to focus on getting my feet to the apartment and finishing off my plan.

Finally, land was underneath my feet, but I kept flying through the night. Well, my flying could be compared to an old man limping, but it was faster than taking a bus for a long shot. It took a bit of time, but finally, I saw the outline of Shannan’s house. Just one stop, I needed to talk with Robyn, just one stop. My legs touched the ground just outside the door, I could hear screaming inside and I knew it had started for Ashley, too. I opened the door, and I could see Robyn holding Ash in her arms, both of them looked terrified and tears pricked at their eyes. “Andy! Andy please, what’s happening to him!” She pleaded, her thumb caressing his cheek.

I walked forward, and Ashley looked up to me. “It’s done, brother.” I muttered, trying not to let the tears fall. “I did it.” It seemed to take a minute to sink in before his eyes filled with recognition. “We’re going to be human.”

“What? What are you on about? Human, as in you’re not demons anymore? What did you do?” Robyn asked. I could see why Shannan was friends with this girl. They are so alike, yet different at the same time.

“In about thirty minutes we will be. However, Robyn…” My head fell down in shame, not able to finish the sentence. I know Robyn loved her dearly, I… I can’t break her heart, but I have to. I have to let her know. “Shannan, she… She’s gone.” I whispered.

There was an eerie silence as two pairs of eyes focused on me. I could hear Ashley faintly telling me I’m a dipshit for telling her, but I had to. I owed everyone at least that. “No… You’re joking right? You’ve got to be. You have to be joking, please tell me you’re joking!” She shouted, and all I could do was look up at her with a single tear running down my face. Robyn sat there, face in her hands, mumbling ‘no’ over and over again until she silently took to her feet and walked over to where I was sitting. 

I looked up at her, and my heart literally tore at her face. She was broken, devastatingly broken. “What. Did. You. Do.” She mumbled her voice monotone.

I squeezed my eyes shut. “She… she was the key. We needed her; I needed her… to become human. Her blood is what freed us, but Robyn… I didn’t want to. You have no fucking idea how much I didn’t want to fucking do this.” I cried, head now in my hands.  

“But you did it, didn’t you.” She mumbled, before her kick planted itself into my face. It forced me back, but I made no move to fight back against her. Instead, I lay there as she straddles my chest and lands a punch to my nose. “You. Killed. Her!” She was screaming now, every word punctuated with a punch. “You murdered her. She was my best friend!” Her hands were coming around my neck now, fingers gripping so tightly I could hardly breathe. “I should kill you for what you did. You deserve to die.” I could feel tears dripping on to my face.

“Please…” I croaked. “Please do.” I looked into her eyes, and something clicked. Her hands became loose and she clambered off of me and hugged her knees by my side, her body retching as she tried to huff in air through her extensive tears. I couldn’t be here anymore. “Sorry, Robyn. I’m so fucking sorry.” I mumbled, before clambering to my feet, wiping my bloody nose on my sleeve before walking out of the door.

Walking into my house, I slammed the door behind me. Well, as I say slammed, I mean I tried. I had been feeling headaches and nauseous since I left Robyn’s house, and not only that, but I hurt. Since I physically can’t be injured, I don’t usually feel pain and I don’t get I’ll, this can only mean one thing. It worked. I’m human, like everyone else.

I couldn’t help but smile, because this is where my plan begins. I ran up the steps, flinching when I put pressure on my right leg. Pain was so new to me, and I loved it. I rushed into the bathroom, opened the draw, and picked up all of the packets and pill boxes that were in there, and carried them with me into the bedroom.

I had been planning this moment for a long time. Not long after that fight with Shannan where I pushed her away. I knew right then that this was going to happen, but I didn’t realise it would hurt this much. I opened all of the packets, popping the pills out on the bedside cabinet. With a cup of water, I was ready to go.

Picking up the note pad and pen I had set up the other night, I put pen to paper, explaining everything.

Dear Ashley and Robyn,

I am so sorry. I have done so much bad, for something not even worth it. I killed her, yes. But I had no choice. I had to do it, for the sake of my brothers and sisters, but I honestly wish I hadn’t.  Ash, you are my brother, closer than the rest. I know you love Robyn, and I know she loves you too. I hope you two have happy lives and grow old together.

Robyn, when I first met you, I honestly had little interest in you. However, over the months, you’ve obtained a great space in my heart. I wouldn’t change you for the world.  You make Ashley so happy, and you know he’s a thousand girl- man, and you’ve tamed him. How you did that, I will never know. But thank you. I know what I did, and I know what I’m doing now will make no difference whatsoever, but I can’t live with this guilt.

When you find this note, I’ll be gone. I’ll be ridding myself and everyone else the displeasure of seeing me every day, of this undying guilt.

She was your friend, yes, but I loved her. I loved her so dearly, so full hearted ly.  I honestly wouldn’t have changed any of our time together at all, except for the last. She was everything to me, she was such a wonderful, light person, and I can’t live without her. You know she’s up there, right? Looking down and smiling at us, all of us.  Soon I’ll be there, too.  I’ve just finished the last of the pills, and I can feel myself getting pulled away. This is where I take my leave. I love you all.

People always say that death is the end, but it’s not. Death is only the beginning, an adventure, a mystery. And this is where my mystery starts.

-----------

I hoped you enjoyed this story, I worked hard on it and I'm sad to see it end in such a way as it did.

I want to thank everyone who read this, went along with the storyline and was with it till the end, because without you guys this story would have probably been forgotten and deleted before it was even close to finishing. 

So with that, I end this with what I always tell you guys to do.

StayBeautiful, you wonderful people!xx