M: Mud

M: Mud

It had recently rained outside, the grass and pavement was still wet. The day was a nice one, despite being downcast. Gil and Eliza were outside, walking together, as both loved the outdoors.

They didn't speak much, but walked hand in hand, their fingers intertwined. They had journeyed off to the park and walked along the tree and grass lined path. Small children played in the rain puddles, dogs romped in the mud, and the birds feasted on worms.

The wet did not keep many people inside.

Gil's food splashed in a puddle and bot both him and Liz wet.

"Gil you're not five, please try to not soak us." Eliza said looking up at him.

He smirked lightly "Aright, I'll try to soak us." He said, picking the words from the sentence he wanted to hear.

Before she could really protest that, he jumped into the largest puddle and thoroughly soaked them both.

"GIL!" Eliza yelled, shoving him

He laughed and tripped backwards, landing in some mud. He looked like an idiot, sprawled on the wet ground, mud splattered on his pale skin, but he simply laughed.

Liz huffed as she wrung out her hair "Serves you right."

His hands were submerged in the mud, and he saw two kids slinging mud at each other. His inner five-year old loved the idea, and smirking widely, he hurled a blob of mud at his unsuspecting girlfriend.

He shrieked in surprise as the mud hit her in the chest and Gil broke into an obnoxious laughter.

Pissed at him Eliza yelled "GOD! YOU ARE WORSE THAN A FIVE YEAR OLD!"

He was crying with how hard he was laughing and almost rolling in the mud. Her expression of shock, horror and surprise was priceless.

She was not one to let him win at anything, even a stupid thing like this. She bent down, grabbed mud that had some grass attached to it, walked to Gil, and shoved it on his face.

He jerked away, splashing her with mud, but the mud and grass stuck to his face and made it look like the grass grew from his face.

"Gil, you missed a spot shaving." She smirked, plucking the grass from his face.

He smirked, grabbed her hand and jerked her hard, throwing her off balance, and making her join the mud with him. Then he smeared her face with mud. "Ha, you missed a spot washing your face."

She huffed and pushed him, which did very little besides make him laugh more and toss more mud at her.

"Gil I am so going to kill you." She growled, pouncing on him

He looked up at her, childishly grinning. His eyes were bright and full of life, he was happy, acting like a total idiot.

Eliza was smiling too, and finally she laughed with him, enjoying their brief stupid romping.

People passed by, thinking they were crazy, jesting and jeering, calling them immature and childish. Neither heard, and neither cared. They had each other, and they were having fun.

They were both now covered in mud from head to toe, and both a little chilled from the wetness.

"You're an idiot." Eliza mumbled, laying her head on his muddy chest.

"You had fun though!" he argued, smiling and looking up at the gray sky.

She didn't say anything, but she didn't object, and he knew that meant she did enjoy it.

But of course she wouldn't give him that satisfaction.

The sky grew darker and threatened to rain again, which had most people hurrying home, yet Gil and Eliza didn't. What would a little rain do besides wash them off anyway?

"I call the shower first!" Gil proclaimed when they rose and started for home

"Hell no!" Eliza yelled, thwacking him in the back of the head.

"You really should stop hitting me." He grumbled rubbing his head "I might call the cops on you for domestic abuse." He teased

"Then I hope you'll enjoy jail with the other men in their for sexual harassment." She countered

"It's not sexual harassment! It's flirting!" he argued

She glared at him "You are almost as bad as Francis, no, groping is not flirting!"

He huffed and mumbled "Is too."

They again lapsed into silence, yet it was not awkward. They were perfectly happy together in silence.

The two made quite a sight along the road, both adults, covered in mud like kids.

Gil smiled to himself, how lucky was he?

Eliza looked at the ground, mud and hair hiding her face, and her grin. What a guy she had, never a dull moment.

Gil unlocked the front door and they both had the same thought:

First person to the shower is clearly the luckiest.

Well, first person to get to the shower and lock it, Eliza thought. Gil had a tendency to not care if she was showering, personal space, was not in his vocabulary.

Shoving him into the stair case she bolted up the stairs.

She grinned to herself, her life almost never had a dull moment.

Thoughts?