Ch14

Ch14

It was 8:15 and Bella waited around at the church for 45 minutes, waiting for Luke. Perhaps she had gone too far to slap him like that. Perhaps she did like him. She pushed on the door, hoping it was unlocked, but it wasn’t. She sighed and pulled out a lock picking kit from her bag. She felt quite odd picking a church lock, but then again it was abandoned. There was a click. Bella packed up the bag and took out her flashlight as she started to walk in. She turned it on and shined the light around. What was she looking for? Kennedy said it symbolized the sun. “The Sun” Bella repeated in her head. As she walked through the pews, she looked up at the glass window. It was a picture of Jesus with his hands up with his Disciples kneeled by him, praying. Just above the hands of Jesus sat a gold round piece of glass, it portrayed the sun.

Bella grabbed a chair and scooted it up to the window and climbed up. She placed her fingers on the gold glass and noticed that it felt loose, like it could fall out at any moment. She turned it slowly and it eventually fell out into her hands. She smiled at it and held it up. Just then she heard a click and turned around to see a big guy, holding a gun that was pointed at her.

“Hand it over,” He said in his thick Russian accent. “and maybe I won’t kill you.” Bella nodded slowly as she stepped down from the chair. “Put it on the floor, empty your pockets, take off your backpack.” He demanded.

Bella slowly did as he said. As she put down her backpack she grabbed her gun from the side pocket and put it up at him. He was just about to pull the trigger as she pulled down the hammer. There was a loud bang, and the guy went to the ground. Bella looked up, amazed to see Luke standing behind him with a gun.

“Luke!” She exclaimed, happy to see him. A big smile came across her face.

“Hey, are you alright?” He asked going up to her, placing his hands on her arms. “When Blakely said you were going by yourself I panicked!”

“I’m fine…I’m glad you came.” She said as she looked down. “I was afraid that would’ve been the fight to end our friendship.”

Luke chuckled and pulled her in for a tight hug. “End this friendship? Nothing is gonna come between us. Whether you feel the same way about me or not, I’ll always be there for you.”

Bella smiled. “Thank you.”

“Now, did you get it?” He asked as he pulled away. She bent down and picked up the piece of glass. “That’s it? That’s what we came out here for?”

“Hey, everything isn’t always what it seems.” She smiled. “Come on, let’s get back to the hotel.”

“Right behind you, let me just get rid of the body.”