Tiny Grim

Kiino walked down the road that lead to a house that the agender shared with five other individuals, finally getting home from work. Cold rain poured down from the clouded sky, a cloud of damp mist covering the area. Their phone bussed in their pocket, Kiino's attention turning from pretty much nothing to the notifications. Swiftly the phone was pulled out of a coat pocket, the other hand holding an umbrella. An icon for missed call was displayed on the screen. The black-haired adult swiped the screen, the phone hovering over their ear as the message played.

"Hey Kii-kun, I just wanted to let you know that me and Sheep are at the store and we'll be home about half an hour after you get off work. Icky should be at work by now and I think Jere's home or probably working. Sheepie wants you to check up on Grim, they said they were having really bad migraines and it was hard for them to breathe. See you at home, bye!"

Kiino sighed, pocketing the phone and walking up to the door of the home. The now soaked adult pulled the door open and shut it, taking off their shoes and hanging up the umbrella as well as the sodden coat that hung from their shoulders. With a yawn, Kiino trailed into the living room and down the hallway to each of the bedrooms. A sudden touch by Kiino's foot made them look down, a small red cigarette box on the ground. Unmistakingly it was Grim's, seeing as they were the only one who had these handy. Question was, why was it on the floor and not in the teen's hands? Kiino picked up the fragile box and put it in their back pocket to keep the teen from getting it back. As the black-haired adult walked down the hallway searching for Grim's room they felt a small bump by their legs. Blue eyes trailed down to see a small head of silver hair and then a set of small 3D colored eyes looking up in shock. The small child gave a yelp as they stumbled back. "T-tall person! Very tall person!" Kiino looked down at the small human puzzled. Who was this child and why did they look strangely like Grim? Kiino bent over and picked up the tiny silverhead and examined them. Holy shit it was Grim!

"Well this is very sudden." Kiino held the child so they were more comfortable and just stared. With one hand they pulled out their phone and called Sara, keeping one eye on the confused and almost scared looking Grim.

"Hello?"

"Sara?" Grim blinked, staring at the strange glass frames around this adult's eyes.

"No this is Sheepie, Sara's busy trying to find the lemons." The black-haired adult groaned.

"Well hurry up please; I need some help with something...sudden."

"Like what?" Tiny hands snatched the glasses from Kiino's face, the small hands fumbling around with the optical assistants.

"Just hurry up." And with that Kiino hung up, stealing back the glasses and placing them back where they belonged. Grim blinked before pouting, wishing this strange adult wasn't so grumpy. "Well, looks like I gotta take care of you now, considering you're a kid now Grim."

"K-kii?" Kiino stared at the child, well at least they remembered part of their name.

"Yes Grim?"

"M'm tired." The adult sighed, hoisting up the child a bit higher in their grip and back tracking to their own room. At least they could keep an eye on Grim here. Kiino wanted to ask someone for help as they weren't good with kids. They would have to see if Jeremy was here or not later. Grim sat on the floor, messing around with the large green scarf that draped far down from Grim's neck. Kiino wondered where Grim got it. Kiino pulled a blanket off their bed. They bent down to put it over the tiny version of their friend. The sound of rain reached Kiino's ears, as it pounded on the window. The small child in the room jumped, staring wide-eyed at the window until a small box caught their eye. It was red with these tiny white and orange sticks in them. Thinking it was candy; Grim slowly pulled one out and put it in their mouth. It at first tasted bitter, but then it gave some sort of smoke like flavor. Grim sucked on the small stick, letting the taste take over their tongue.