Insults and Injuries

"Am I really going to do this?"

Small hands shook, hovering over the doorknob of an all too familiar house. Right now a certain teen was standing in front of the house that they never wanted to return to, the house that cause them months of pain and nightmares. Grim prayed that Aeon wouldn't be there, otherwise things might get bloody. The 3D-eyed teen took a deep breath, the cold autumn air entering their lungs. With a quick adjust of the beanie atop their head and the scarf that Gabe used to own, Grim knocked on the door. First once, then twice. After taking a step back on the black porch the door swung open. Behind it was a still sorta short brunette, his pale blue eyes searching around for the person who bothered him on this calm October day. Finally, they settled on the sight in front of him, a gasp escaping his mouth. Grim raised an eyebrow, crossing their arms before greeting him in their normal sarcastic façade. "What'd you expect, the grim reaper?" Grim was shaking slightly, not because of the fact they hadn't seen Ryuu is almost three years, but by the fact his gaze hardened.

"What are you doing here?" The silverhead returned the look, keeping a growl down.

"It's not like I came here of free will, just a lot of convincing from people who actually care about me." Ryuu snarled, nothing like the shy little boy Grim once knew.

"I did care about you, until you decided to become a mega asshole. You still sobbing over Gabe?" Rage burned in Grim's stomach, the teen wishing to see a punch come to Ryuu's face. However, Kiino's and Sheepie's words echoed in Grim's mind, "Keep calm, if you confront this now you won't ever have to come back. Patch things up and move on."

"Don't you bring him into this; I would have never left if your idiot for a brother didn't bash my skull into a wall." Grim pulled their bangs up, a small scar trailing from the parting line in their hair all the way down to the beginning of the forehead. When they were thrown into the wall, the impact was so harsh that the skin was damaged; causing a long scar that didn't reach more than a few inches into the skin. Grim didn't suffer from any brain damage, but they did have headaches often and that was bad enough. Thank god it didn't bleed on the plane.

"He did it cause you were hurting me!" Ryuu slammed the door behind him, walking forward to stare Grim in the eye. Said person had to keep down a small chuckle, as Ryuu was on his tippy toes to be at his friend's eye level.

"No I wasn't, I may not have felt the same, but..." The brunette backed off, keeping his stare.

"But?"

"You know very motherfucking well; I would never in my fucking life hurt someone I wanted to protect! Back then I never wanted to hurt you or Gabe or my aunt or any of the Phoners!" Grim's knuckles turned white, trying to stay in control of all this pent up anger. Ryuu's gaze became less of a threat as he looked more confused than irritated.

"Who are the Phoners?" The 3D-eyed asexual bit their lip, cursing themself for that outburst.

"People you should never meet, I don't want them getting beaten up by an asshole! If you have any problems take it out on me." Silence settled around the two, the sound of the rustling leaves the only thing keeping the place from sounding like a graveyard.

"Why did you abuse me?"

"I didn't, I just found you at the wrong times."

"Then who fucked me up?"

"Some of the thugs I would get into fights with. They saw you and decided to make it look like I did it. So Aeon had a reason to try and kill me."

"...Really?"

"Yes." The next minute was spent with two sets of eyes staring at the ground, the black wood deck seeming very interesting now. Ryuu took a step forward to look at Grim, observing all the new features his friend had now. It had been almost three years.

"You cut your hair?" Ryuu said in an almost wistful tone, regret somewhere in his eyes.

"Yeah, considering your brother used it to throw me into that wall. I thought it would help." Silence once more, Grim felt awkward under Ryuu's stare, wanting to just leave now. "Did your brother really hate me that much?"

"I'm afraid so, he kinda did wanna kill you from the start."

"Gee thanks, now I'm really glad I chopped off my hair." The brunette played with the hair a bit, most of it stuck under the beanie Grim wore.

"It looks nice."

"Quit trying to flirt midget." The pale-eyed boy scoffed.

"I'm gay now for your information." Once again it became quiet, that was until Grim burst out laughing. "What's so funny? You are homophob or something?"

"N-not at all! I support the LGBT community shorty, but I always knew you'd be gay!" The laughter continued for a minute or two, Ryuu punching Grim in the arm to end the endless giggles.

"Should I take that as an insult?!"

"Not at all, I just had a hunch is all." A smirk grew on Ryuu's lips, his arms crossing. For some reason he still wore that stupid pale blue jacket he always wore.

"What about you? Won over any people or are you still marrying walls?" Grim puffed out their cheeks, looking away for a split second.

"Maybe, maybe not. But the wall thing is a big n-o. I'll stick with calling them fruit loop for now" The two giggled at the joke. Ryuu not actually knowing it was an inside joke between the Phoners and just thinking Grim was crazy. That's when a growl was heard, Grim looking behind Ryuu to see Aeon. That mother fucker dared to look Grim in the eye.

"What are you doing here?" Grim walked up the dark haired adult, him being two years older than Grim. He still held that cold stare, the stupid black and green jacket and the height of six feet. The 3D-eyed teen looked him dead in the eye, "Just leaving actually, you fucking asshole." Then, the silverhead turned dead on their heel, walking off the porch. As they stormed off, they flipped Aeon off, knowing that they should walk off now before it got bloody.

"Hope you have fun dealing with your brother issues! Oh wait, your original one was so clumsy he fell off a roof, but you are getting over it? After all, you have a new 'brotherly figure' now huh? Some stupid asshole who can't seem to get over something that happened god knows how long ago. Oh and then there's that sheep person that a smut addict ey? Don't get me started on the midget blonde, the dweeb with issues and then that guy with a skirt whose hair looks like cotton candy." Grim whipped around, their gaze now burning with rage. They ran up to Aeon, grabbing the side of his face and punching the other. The impact sent him onto the ground, Ryuu taking several steps back to avoid Grim's rage.

"Talk shit about me all you want, but never fucking talk about them like that you bastard." The green-eyed adult stood back up, using the full force of his arm to slam Grim in the right side of their arm. After a gasp, an arm flaming with pain and a few more curses, Grim was away from the house. They hoped Aeon enjoyed the bruise they left on his gut. He deserved that kick.

Once Grim was in the hotel the squad was at, they flopped on the bed. Bad choice, as their arm let out shock waves of pain. Two people appeared from the kitchen, one bearing a plaid shirt and the other having a sheep plushie in her arms.

"How'd it go."

"Not too bad, but I never wanna go back there.I tried to keep it not bloody....didn't end so well. I think my arm is broken or at least sprained."

Sheepie sighed, sauntering into the bathroom cabinet. "I'll get the pain meds."

"Now you are speaking my language." Kiino looked over at Grim, frowning slightly.

"What'd he say to piss you off?" Grim looked up from the bedspread, taking off their beanie in the process.

"Shit about everyone, I'll leave it at that." Sheepie came back with the pain meds, examining Grim's arm for any bad injuries. Yes, Aeon could hit that hard, and he may or may not have twisted the arm as well.

"Well kid, at least you'll never have to come back." Grim frowned, shaking their head at the comment.

"That's what you think."