Duplicity

Chapter 30 - Duplicity

The next morning I woke up in Mason's bed again, feeling like my whole body had been worked over from the training yesterday. There wasn't a bone in my body that wasn't hurting. I looked at myself in the mirror, thinking that my eyes would be back to normal, but they were still glowing blue like I expected they would. I told Mason yesterday why they stayed like this - because I accepted everything fully now. We never ended up going out to dinner because it was dark and I couldn't hide my eyes with shades. So we just stayed in and had dinner with everyone, which turned out to be more enjoyable. 

I groaned in discomfort as I walked to the shower, Mason was still asleep. With the way he slept it was as if he was the one who did the extensive training. I swear, Austin's going to kill me before the Hunters get a chance.

I got dressed in jean shorts and a white tank top when I was done, tying my hair up in a pony tail. Mason was finally awake when I reentered his room. "Morning beautiful," he grinned, taking me in his arms.

I chuckled. "Morning sleeping beauty."

He yawned and stretched. "Was I out for that long?"

I nodded. "Yup."

He smiled and kissed me passionately, lying me down on my back as he hovered over me in nothing but a pair of boxers. I admit, I was in pain from the training. But more so sore from what happened after the training. 

"Somebody still feeling a little bit possessive from last night?" I teased him as he kissed down my neck, making me moan as he licked the mark he left on me.

"Always," he grinned, trailing his hands down my waist.

I giggled. "Alright, come on boy. We've got things to do today."

He groaned. "When do we not." I laughed at his expression - a boy who just couldn't convince his parents to get him that one toy he wanted. Priceless!

I tugged on his arms and got him out of bed, though he struggled.

He huffed and puffed as he stood before me. "Can't we just stay here all day. I like you in my room," he wrapped his arms around me, and I resisted another moan.

Fight it! I thought to myself. "If we don't leave now, then we never will," I smiled, trying to get out of his grasp.

He shook his head and pulled me back. "Come one...please?" he whined.

I laughed and kissed his nose. "Nope. Come on...get dressed."

He smirked. "Don't pretend you don't prefer me this way."

I smiled and trailed my hands down his bare chest. "I admit, you are edible..." I moaned, teasing him.

He wrapped his arms around me tighter.

"But I prefer bacon," I kissed him quickly and squirmed out of him.

"I've got your bacon right here!" he laughed, running after me but I was too fast for him and I giggled the whole way down the stairs, knowing that he wouldn't come out until he changed for company, since his house was a lot more crowded with Austin in it.

I smiled at Hank who was flipping eggs and bacon. "Ah, my favorite!" I sat down at the table as he brought me over a plate.

He smiled warmly. "Morning. You seem happy..."

I nodded, drinking orange juice. "I am," I grinned.

"Well, it's about time," he said sincerely and sat down across from me. "Where's my son?"