Not Alone

Chaptr 27 - Not Alone

 ~ Alexis POV ~

"Ow!" I cursed as I sat up off of the cold stone floor of the cave. I rubbed my chest, feeling like my heart has literally just been ripped out of my chest. "What the hell did those merry men do to me?" 

I gave myself a good look over. Everything seemed normal, more or less. Did it work? Was I under control? I stood up and looked around. "Well, I don't see anything I could test it on..." 

Nonetheless, I turned around and picked a spot in the cave to test my abilities out on. "Well," I said to myself. "If this doesn't cave in on me, I guess it worked..." I rose my hand and pointed it towards the cave wall, closed my eyes, and imagined something that made me angry. Gerald.

Then I opened my eyes and worked to send a shockwave to that one specific spot.

Nothing happened.

I closed my eyes and thought of something in my past again then repositioned myself.

Still...nothing happened.

"What the?" I said to myself, confused as to why it wasn't working.

I tried again.

Nothing.

Again.

Nothing.

I took a step back and looked at myself. I wasn't turning blue down my arms like last time. I didn't feel anything inside of me. Was it gone? Was my power gone? 

By 'under control'...did they take it away?

They couldn't just do that, right? I mean...it was part of my soul. They couldn't just take it away. Could they?

Maybe I was just doing it wrong now. Where the hell was that instruction manual my father was talking about. I had no idea what I was doing. This is not how this was supposed to go down. I was supposed to know more. Instead, all I had were more questions and no more powers.

Maybe I was better off without them. 

I settled back down beside the fire - which was now burnt out - and climbed into the blanket. It was still dark outside and, according to Qillaq, I needed to spend the night. Maybe it was like medication...Maybe it took a few hours to activate or something. Maybe all would be clear in the morning.

Maybe it wouldn't.

A few hours passed, and I still couldn't fall asleep. I was just starring up at the top of the cave, which now seemed to glow like stars in the night sky. It sparkled, as if there was some hidden element within the rocks. 

"So is this it?" I asked to the rocks above. "I had this power then you took it away? What was the point of that because I'm not seeing it?"

No answer. Never expected one.

I was starting to get a little chilly so I sat up and started a fire again. Little specks of the flame let loose into the air above and dissolved, as if they were never there. I starred into the flames of the fire.

I missed Mason, more than anything. I wondered what he was doing right now. Was he missing me too? Was he freaking out like I told him not to?

I starred into the fire and smiled to myself as I thought of Mason. His touch, his smile, his smirk that I used to despise but now found quite endearing. 

Suddenly, the fire in front of me began to change. The little flakes that once went into the air loosely, now seemed to be forming a sort of shape. I looked down at my arms and realized that I was doing it. My arms had that blue pattern again and I could feel that burning sensation in my eyes whenever they changed.