Red Sky

Chapter 8 - Red Sky

~Alexis POV~

I stretched in my bed, pushing the covers off me. Man, that was the best sleep I've had in ages! I must have been dead tired to not have any dreams!

Thats when I looked down at myself and noticed I was still in my jeans and top from yesterday. Alright, time to think back on what happened exactly. 

I was working for Hank.

I met asshole by my bike.

Mason offered to drive me home.

Asshole left note. 

ASSHOLE LEFT NOTE! I flung myself out of my bed, cursing to myself when my vision blacked out a little bit. Then I checked my pocket. Yup, the note was still there. I didn't imagine it, unfortunately. 

Huh, Mason must have taken me upstairs, because I don't remember stumbling up them. If Duke had, he would have just taken off my jeans for me. Were brother and sister, he's seen me naked just like I've seen him naked. Although, that's when we were kids. I doubt he'd want to see me naked now, just like I wouldn't want to see him. 

I sniffed the air a little. It smelled like Mason. Which means that he most likely brought me up because I didn't have werewolf smelling abilities, so for me to be able to smell him, means he must have actually been here recently. 

Huh. Wonder why the smell didn't fade if he just brought me up?

I looked around my room. Was someone sitting in my chair?

No...must have been Holt or something from a different time. It's a leather chair...it holds it's creases. 

Well, that was nice of Mason to bring me up at least. Even nicer that he didn't try to sneak a peak. I would, if I were him. Good to know he's a gentleman. 

I smiled. Mason was in my room. It smells like Mason. He's been in here before, but that time he was kinda having a spastic episode that I didn't even really register it. He was really starting to grow on me.

There was a knocking on my door.

"Come in!" I said.

Duke smiled as he opened the door. He strolled in and sat down on my bed. "Hey, little sis. Sleep well?"

I shrugged. "Ya. Actually, I did. Now tell me the real reason you're in here."

He chuckled. "You know me too well."

"Life time experience," I nodded.

He smiled. "Just checking to see how you're doing? Can't a brother care?"

I smiled. "Yes, he can. But, you see, I know my brother and although he cares...right now I smell a favor creeping into the vents. So, tell me big brother, what can I do ya for?"

He laughed. "You've been spending too much time with Holt."

I laughed as well. "Probably. So, do I have to ask again, or are you just going to tell me already?"

He nodded and sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't..."

I shoved him. "Just spit it out already!"

He laughed. "Alright. Well, there's this issue with these rogues and some of the pack is going down to meet the Royce pack in the south because they're concerned about the rogues too. And, the thing is, I need to go with them because I'm the top tracker of the pack and I've smelled all the rogues so I could tell them if they're the same ones. And, then Holt needs to go too because he'd third in command and he's smelled them too. Mason's going too, well, because he's the Alpha and he has to. But Flynn staying, so he said he'd keep an eye on you. Ya know, make sure you don't throw a massive party here and burn down the farm or get into any trouble like you always seem to do. And I'll make sure to check in with him every hour to make sure you're alright. But if you don't want me to go, I'll tell Mason that Holt will be just fine on his own. I don't want you to worry or be uncomfortable at all. So? What do you think?"