Chapter 11

The bell rings for lunch. Walking out of Visual Arts, I push myself through the crowd. I want to get to the shelter area before someone takes a table there. When I get outside the building, I see Lindsay standing under a tree, lip locking with Simon. I roll my eyes. Did she seriously have to be doing that right there for everyone to see? No one wants to see her and Simon lip lock. Besides, it’s against the school rules to kiss anyone on the school grounds.

I walk over to them, grabbing Lindsay’s shoulder and pull her away from Simon. She pushes my hand away and twirls around. At first she is shock from my actions, not expecting for anyone to interrupt her make out session with her boyfriend. When she learns it’s me, she frowns.

“What the hell is your problem?” she demands.

“Yes, bitch, what is your problem?” Simon imitates my sister.

I ignore him. This isn’t about him. It’s about Lindsay. “I’m sorry, but people really do not want to see you make out with your boyfriend.”

“Well, I don’t see anyone else complaining about it,” Lindsay replies, crossing her arms across her chest. “The only person who is complaining is you.”

“Lindsay, have some respect for other people. Besides, it’s against the school rules.”

“Why should she show any respect?” Simon speaks up. “You never do. You’re always telling people what they do and then complain how much you hate things. Are you jealous or something that Lindsay has an amazing boyfriend, unlike you?”

I narrow my eyes at him. Did he really have to get involve? “Funny you should say that I should have some respect for other people. The last time I check, you were the one that needed to show more respect.”

“Well, at least I don’t act like a slut,” I say.

She frowns, handing Simon her camera she was holding. She must have had photography last period. She shoves me hard in the chest. “Don’t ever call me a slut again! I’m not one. Also, stop telling me what to do. It’s none of your damn business with what I do.”

I return the shove. “Stop pushing.”

“No, I will do whatever I want!” She shoves me. “You can’t tell me what to do!”

I grab a hold of Lindsay’s shoulders and push her to the ground. Lindsay fells hard onto the concrete. She yelps when she hits her head, stunned by my actions as I toss my bag on the ground and flew at her. She screams as my heavy body lands on me, pinning me on the floor. Students nearby come over to see what is happening. They begin egging us on. Lindsay attempts to push me off her. I’m stronger than her. She has a hard time getting me off her. We roll around on the ground, pulling at each other’s hair, slapping one another.

Someone’s hands goes around my waist, follow by a male’s voice, telling us to stop. Lindsay’s photography teacher, Mr Fraser, pulls me off her. I push him off me and pounce onto my sister. My actions set the students off again, wanting to see more from us and didn’t want the teacher to stop the show we were putting on for them. He finally manages to pull me completely off my sister, holding me tightly around my waist so I couldn’t escape.

I demand him to let me go as I stay focus on my sister. My eyes never leave her. Mr Fraser orders us to quit fighting and apologises to each other. I’m more interested in trying to kick Lindsay rather than apologising to her. She doesn’t even deserve an apology. She moves back before I even get the chance to kick her.

“I don’t know why I have to apologise since she started it,” Lindsay says.

“I will never apologise!”