Chapter 1

Thanks to Christine and Sarah Swartz and their friend Megan for helping me with the picture above.

Ever since I met Simon McGuire I have always wanted to kill him. Right now I wanted to kill him more than anything in this world.

The jerk cut into the parking space I was reversing into. Lucky for the both of us, I manage to slam on my brakes, preventing out cars from hitting one another.

For as long as I can remember, Simon has always been so immature. He doesn't have respect for anyone, not even for himself. Everything to him is like a joke. As for his car, if you ask me, shouldn't even be on the road. It's falling to bits. Its paint is peeling off and grey smoke is coming out of the exhaust pipe. I wonder how his car gets passed for rego. It shouldn't even be allow on the road. He has been working part-time at McDonalds for most of his high school life so I'm sure he has enough to buy a brand new car.

"That son of a bitch!" I cry out, honking the horn in a way to show him I'm annoyed by the idiotic stunt he just pulled.

Behind me other cars honk their horns, telling me to just move on, but I ignore them. I didn't care if I cause a traffic jam. I just want to kill Simon first before I do anything else.

Lindsay, my twin sister, sits beside me in the passenger seat. She happens to be dating Simon. What she sees in him is beyond me. "Alex, please do not do this right now."

I ignore her. Sometimes I wonder why we are even twins. We may be identical, but we have nothing in common. We both have shoulder-length brown hair and green eyes. The only difference in our appearances is that I have a purple streak in my hair, while Lindsay just recently got her nose pierced. I'm the oldest by fifteen minutes.

Cars passed me as I continue to sit there, watching Simon's every move. Lindsay sinks down in her seat, hiding her face from embarrassment.

I strummed my fingers on the steering wheel, waiting impatiently for Simon to get his ass out of the car. The longer I wait for him, the angrier I feel, making me want to get out of this car and just strangle him.

It takes him at least five minutes to emerge from his car, even though it seems like hours has passed.

He walks over to the car, leaning on the door of the passenger seat, greeting my sister with a kiss. I grab the back of my sister's shirt, and pull her back from Simon. She scolds at me for doing it.

"You jerk," I say directly at Simon, ignoring Lindsay. "Don't you have any idea what an idiot you were back there? You're so damn lucky that I managed to slam my breaks in time!"

"What's the matter, Alex?" Simon says with a cocky smile. "Are you upset that I stole your parking spot?" He puts his upper lip out, acting like he was going to cry. "I'm sorry, but I didn't know that parking space means so much to you."

"It's the way you stole it!"

Lindsay rolls her eyes. "Oh, just get over it already, Alex. Leave Simon alone, okay? Nothing bad happened so why do you need to tell him off for?"

I imagine what it would be like to smash my sister's head against the dashboard so I could knock some sense into her. Doesn't she know the damage of the car that Simon would have caused if he did crashed into me? Since neither Lindsay nor I have jobs, Mum would have to pay for the damage, and that will cost her heaps.

"Where did you get your license from?" I ask Simon. "From the back of a cereal box! How is it you even passed your test?" I tensed my jaw in anger.

"Same place you got yours," he speaks with a sarcastic tone.

I frown at him. I hate people who use sarcasm.