Chapter 5.

Author's Note
Enjoy!
----------------------------------Maya's POV
My dream about Andrew was rough last night. I hope it wasn't real life.

//Maya's dream from last night//

Andrew towered over me with a devilish grin plastered across his face. (Andrew is a foster brother I recently had in the family I had before the Jeffersons.) His presence made my body shudder. He filled me with sadness and regret. He grabbed my wrists and my heart fell into my stomach. I wiggled and squirmed but my puny wrists couldn't escape his grip.

"Why are you talking to Sarah? Huh! Answer me bitch!" He yelled closely into my ear.
"I don't know what your talking about and your the one who's the bitch!" I screamed in defense.
Andrew squeezed my wrists harder causing me to wince in pain. After a second or two he let go of my tiny hands and threw a punch into my stomach making me drop to the ground. He kicked me a couple of times and called over his buddies to help.
"Stop!" I screamed, every word tasted like blood.
I heard the same familiar footsteps that I love. Lucas. He's here to help. I try to get up, but Andrew steps on my stomach and holds me down.
"You can't do this to her!" Lucas screamed into Andrew's face. I tried to speak and tell Lucas not to try to help me because Andrew and his buddies are about four years older than me. Andrew's tattooed gang started to walk toward Lucas with furious eyes. Andrew pushed them back.
"Need any help for this one?" A red haired scruffy guy asked.
"Nah. I'll take this one for myself," Andrew said while forming a fist and throwing a punch.
"Stop!" I yelled out with despair. "No! Don't hurt him! Please don't hurt Lucas!" I screamed out as Andrew stepped harder and harder onto my chest. I can't watch. This is just too much. I closed my eyes causing a large tear to form and fall down the side of my cheek. My lungs didn't have much room to move so I stopped trying. I coughed up blood and felt cool liquid run down my cheeks. Why me and why Lucas? I questioned the world and before you know it the world was gone and the universe was no longer mine. Goodbye world it's been a pleasure.

//End of Maya's dream from last night//

The next morning I woke up next to Riley in my bedroom. How'd I get here? I got up and snugged on a pair of black ripped jeans and a loose Nirvana t-shirt. Me and Riley walked out to the beach. I saw a familiar face out in the crowd. Uncle Boing. Riley and I run up to him and Riley embraces him in a hug.
"Uncle Josh!" She says hugging him.
"Riley!" He replies with a smile.
"Uncle Josh!" I say hugging him. He has a shocked expression when I hug him.
"You know I'm not your uncle right?" He asks me.
"Yeah," I say giggling slightly.
"It's been a while,"
"Yep it has,"
"Well, uh, you grew up gorgeous,"
I smirked and giggled after he commented on me.
"Guilty as charged," I say flipping my hair.
"Anyway, Cory called me up and told me to come down here to check up on you two and see what your doin," he says with his cute New York accent.
"Well since your here you could come hang out with me and Maya we were just heading to get breakfast at the juice bar." Riley said.
"Okay I'll come along," he agrees.
Riley starts to head toward the juice bar and me and Josh lag behind.
"Did you really come here because Cory called or because you missed me?" I asked. Did I mention? Me and Josh used to be a thing awhile back until my Stepmom died and I ended up in a new foster home. He couldn't handle the pressure of having to date someone who would be moving around a lot. He just couldn't handle me I guess.
"I missed you. See that's the thing I miss you in my life, Maya. You make my world happy and your the reason I wake up in the morning and live life everyday. You complete me Maya. I've seen you with a The Jeffersons. I'm sure this'll be your permanent family. Can we please just start over? Please?" He pleaded.
"I guess since you begged and made me cry I'll give you a second chance," I said with a witty smile. I hugged him and gave him a peck on the cheek. I intertwined my hand in his and we started walking over to the juice bar. Josh being here is a great distraction for me. When Josh is here I don't have to think about Lucas all I have to think about is my future with Josh. Could this summer get any better?