Chapter 3.

Author's Note
Enjoy!
----------------------------------
Maya's POV

The Next Morning

I go out to the Pier to meet up with Lucas but I end up with Lucas and Riley. BTW: I'm really pissed at Riley right now, but I pull it off with a smile.

"So how was last night?"
"Oh, just amazing!"
"Really?"
"Yep!"
"What about you Lucas?"
"It was alright,"
"Huh."

I walk off with the thought of "it was alright" burned in my memory.
I hear that same sound of large footsteps behind me. This time I don't run. I just keep walking like a normal human being.

"Hey! Hey, Maya!"
"Do I know you?"
"Hey, what's up with you? You're all moody this morning. Is it because me and Riley hooked up?"
"I don't know, you tell me. Was your time with with Riley REALLY 'alright'? It wasn't breathtaking? Or sensational?"
"Well,"
"That's what I thought,"
I storm off the beach into the shady shed where people read.
"Wait! Maya, wait."
"What?"
"I said alright because I didn't know how you would react. You know because your her best friend! I couldn't say like, "it was the best time of my life!" Because you would freak and it would be all awkward and shit."
"I appreciate you caring."
"That mean we're cool?"
"Sure,"

I walk through the tunnel and head to my room. When I arrive, I raid my pantry and binge-watch Friends on Netflix.

Chandler and Joey yell over each other as I continue munching on my Goldfish. Two days have gone by and it's still as hectic as it was back in New York. I leave my door unlocked because me and Riley made plans. I hear the door open.

"Come on in Riles! I'm in the bedroom," I yell out in her direction.
Right before my cheese powder covered hand turns the doorknob I hear a knock at the front door.
I let Riley into the bedroom and head to the front door.
I unlock the door and head into the kitchen.
"It's open. Come on in unless your a burglar,"
I hear the door open and close.
"If you touch me or my stuff that'll be the last thing you touch," I say sarcastically.
I grab the double chocolate ice cream from the freezer, two mugs, and two spoons and start heading back to the bedroom. I head in the bedroom and walk in on Riley and Lucas making out.
"Um? Am I interrupting something?" I say.
"Uh, I should go," Lucas says in a heartbeat.
"Noooo, stay!" Riley says.
"Yeah Ranger Rick, stay," I agree, mocking Riley.
Lucas jumps up and Riley drags him back down.
"I should leave I mean you guys were gonna have a girl night," Lucas says.
"No, it's fine, right Maya?" Riley says.
"Sure," I say with a fake smile.

Three Hours Later

We have watched two romance movies and all Lucas and Riley have been doing is make out, feed each other, and cry into each other's shoulders. I decide to walk out while they are making out and head out to the pier. I made sure to be super silent so they wouldn't hear me leaving. It's really late out so no one is outside and the sky looks like a glittery painting made by a kindergartener. I head out to the pier and look up at the glittery mass of stars.

I hear footsteps.

I act normal so that I won't be seen as a person out of place.

"Maya?"

Lucas? Why is he out here? Why isn't he with Riley? Why is he coming to me? Where is Riley? Question after question every bad thought came running around my mind.

"What?" I yell out.

He walks up onto the pier and stands beside me.

"Hello,"
"Hey,"
"Where's Riles?"
"Oh Riley? She fell asleep in the middle of Titanic. I guess she just got too tired,"
"I guess so,"
"So what you doing out here all alone?"
"I just needed my time to relax with the universe,"
"Oh, cool?"
"Is that a question?"
"No?"
"That was a question,"
"No it was not!"
"God, do you always have to be so literal?"
"Literal, what?"
"Yeah! Your such a dork!"
He leans in and kisses me. Our lips lock and our hands join. I love him. No. I can't do this! I have to stop. I lean out and walk away.

"Hey! Maya! Maya, wait!"
"What?"
"What was that?"
"What was what?"
"You ran out of our kiss, why?"
"Your my best friend's boyfriend! I can't get in the middle of her relationship! I can't, she's my best friend!"
"Then I'll break up with her, I'll end it!"
"NO! That'll break her heart she REALLY loves you, you can't do that!"
"Fine we'll stay together but I'll end it at the end of the summer,"
"No! You know what just forget the kiss it meant nothing to me, so just forget about it, okay?"
"Okay,"
"Now go home,"
"My parents told me to just stay here tonight,"
"Oh well it's my place Huckleberry so, my rules. I take the couch, you and Riles get the bed. If you get hungry grab something out of the box that says "Riley's Snacks" there's food and water in that. If you need another blanket I'll leave one out on the kitchen table,"
"Why do we get the bed and you the couch?"
"So that you and Riles can do whatever together, and plus use the bathroom in the hall not the room bathroom,"
"Oh, okay,"

I let him in and made my bed on the couch. Riley woke up and I made my bed for them. I got dressed in a oversized stained sweatshirt and sleep shorts. I watched Young And Hungry until I fell asleep.