Chapter 19.

Authors Note
I wrote this instead of doing homework so yeah. Enjoy!
----------------------------------

Maya's POV
Tears slid down my cheeks as Mr. Matthews said his final words and took his final glances at Riley. Auggie tended to squeeze my hand a bit during the funeral.
"It's okay Auggie, I got you,"
"I got you too buddy," Josh said.
I smiled.
Then Lucas came up to the small podium and started to speak.
Memories of that night haunted my brain. I let go of Auggie's hand and ran off to the building to the left of the service. I told Josh I was going to the bathroom, but really I was going to leave.

//////////////////

Lucas' POV
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Maya get up and leave. She just left Josh and Auggie to sit in Riley's grieving presence. I quickly summed up my eulogy to Riley and ran to the building where Maya went. I watched as her delicate hips swayed side to side and her golden blonde hair shined in the light. I followed her every step. I ran to a nearby pole behind her so that I could hear her conversation with her foster brother, Luke. I don't really like him, he's kinda a jerk to Riley. Anyways, back to Maya. I listened in on her convo.
"But Luke please! I need a home! I need you! PLEASE?"

What are they talking about? I know foster kids like Maya aren't supposed to hook up with foster siblings but I know Maya. This is something more important.

"NO! Lucas is here and I just don't want to be around the cause of my best friend's death okay? Thanks. Around 2 maybe? 10 minutes. Okay see you then,"

She hung up her phone and walked over to a nearby bench to sit. I walked over to her.

" 'sup Hart,"
"Not now Ranger Rick,"
She got up and started to walk but I jerked her wrist back.

"Let me go!"
"I just need to talk to you for a second,"
"Fine but once your done I'm gone,"
"Fine,"
I grabbed a piece of paper out of my pocket along with my phone.

"What is this?!" She gasped.
--------------
--------------
Cliffhanger?

I hope this is pretty good so far 😊 I try my best to update everyday
Anyways..
Next chap'll be in soon

xoxo love y'all