Chapter 14 - Bright Lights

A/N OMFG GUYS i am so sorry it has taken me this long to update!  It was my birthday and i was in the USA for a while so i am really sorry! Enjoy the chappie!

Taryn's POV

"hmmm" i groaned. The second I opened my eyes, a blinding light filled the room.

I looked around to see my best friend in the world, Julie, asleep in a chair next to my bed. There was one more familiar face lying asleep on a chair on the other end of the room.  But who was that? I recognized that brown hair carelessly tossed over one shoulder... hmph. I dunno.  But then it struck me. Where was I?  I looked around and saw a box of tissues on a nightstand next to my bed. And an IV.. attached to my hand! I was in a hospital! But why?

"Julie? Are you awake?" I whispered.

"Hm? uhh now I am..." Julie giggled. "Kendall she's awake."

The other girl's eyes fluttered open.

"Oh hey! Do you remember me, Taryn? From the county fair?" she asked.

"County fair... Oh yeah I remember you! Karen, right?" I said.

"Uhh no, it's Kendall." she replied, and they both gave me a hug.

"Ahhh!" I gasped as they touched my shoulder. "That hurt!"

"Yeah, you were shot last night. Don't worry, they got the bullet out though.  But you did lose alot of blood in the process," Julie said.

She reminded me of what happened last night, about Fleur, and how Louis had hit his head.

"Lou is in the room next door. Eleanor just arrived as well and she is there with him," Kendall said.

"Oh," I said. "Where are the other boys and Fleurr?" I said, mind wandering.

"They are still looking for Harold," Julie sighed.

"He is still not back? Oh God, what if he was kidnapped? What if someone-" I was interupted by the door bursting open.

Standing in the doorway was a gorgeous brunette girl with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"ELEANOR?" We all asked in unison. "whats wrong love?" Julie wondered.

"Its Lou!" She sobbed. "He doesn't remember anything! He hit his head really hard and he has no idea who I am.." We heard a loud crashing noise.

"Where am I? What is this place?" Louis stormed into our room.

Eleanor reached out to hug him.

"Don't touch me peasant!" He boomed.  A nurse came into the room and took Lou.

Eleanor sunk into the chair next to Julie.

"It's gonna be alright Eleanor, Im sure he will get his memory back soon," I soothed.

I looked over to see a small stream of mascara running down Julie's cheek. This shocked me, because Julie, tough as she is, rarely ever cries.

I didn't want to ask why, so I racked my brain for any memories of the night before.

Suddenly, I remembered something. Wow, it must have been really akward for Julie to sit next to El, due to that little "thing" she was having with Louis.

A nurse walked into the room at that moment.

"Which one of you is Julie?" She asked.

Julie stood up.

"Louis Tomlinson would like to see you in room 105." the nurse said. "You are the only one he remebers."

I saw a flash of pain in Eleanor's eyes as she watched Julie walk out the door.

"El..." i said.

"Taryn, uhh, is there something that I need to know? Like, why would he remeber her and not me?"

"Ehem, I think im gonna go to the food court and get some more lousy hospital food, seeya!" Kendall said hastily.

"Eleanor, you see, Julie and Lou became really close in the time we were together, and-"

Again, i was interrupted by a loud  clammer of noise. It sounded almost like a group of teenagers bickering. Suddenly, Liam, Niall, and Zayn came running into the room, with Fleur only inches behind them.

"What now?" I asked.

"Taryn!!!" Niall exclaimed and ran to my side.

"GUYS! we can exchange hugs later but right now we have a real problem to deal with!"

We gave our attention to the speaker, Fleur, who was holding a note.

"Everyone. Do you see this?" She said, waving the note in the air. "This is a threat, OK? They have Harry. Just like Louis predicted.  So what i need you to do is this: You all have to stay IN THIS ROOM  at all times until I get back.  Julie, Kendall and uhh, well Taryn: DONT LET ANYBODY LEAVE. And until i get back, trust NOBODY. "

"wait, where are you going?" I asked.

"i am going to find Harry.  Be safe, and I will see you soon." She dashed out the door.

"So, what now?" Zayn said.

"Let's just rest and wait for Fleur to get back." Liam yawned.

And with that, I dozed into a deep sleep.