Chapter 1 - Why me?

Taryn's POV:

BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP!

"asdfjlkj 6:00 am already?' I mumbled.

"ungh."

Looks like its time to start a new day again. I looked around at my room covered in One Direction posters, (im a big fan) and sighed.  (A/N please note: there are not that many posters, just a few above her bed, and shes not an obsessive fan, she just loves their music.) Lets just hope it is not another day filled with pain and misery.

Since i am pretty quick at getting ready, i lie down in my bed for 5 more minutes. Then i hear my angry dad storming up the stairs.

"Taryn?! Get the hell up! Come down and make breakfast wouldnt you?" he yelled.

Before i could say a word, he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me down stairs.

"OUCH! dad, that hurts!" i groaned.

"Well, you should have gotten out of bed before i had to come and wake you up then!" he said as he shoved me into the kitchen.

Oh, joy. see what i mean by pain and misery? it is six oh eight in the morning and my day is already horrible.  I quickly made my dad some oatmeal, packed up my lunch and headed for Jayde's room.

"Jayde? c'mon, sis, we're gonna be late for school!"

"Oh! i know, i was just feeding polka dot," she replied. Polka dot is our hamster, and my dad hates it, so we never let him see the hamster just in case he would try to do something to her.

"K! lets go!" i said, and we were headed out the door.  i have to take Jayde to school every morning, i practically do everything while my dad sits on his la-z boy chair and gets drunk.  

 I dropped Jayde off at her classroom, and  started off towards my school.  I checked my phone as i was walking. Hey! a new tweet from Niall from 1D! i love reading his tweets and seeing what he is up to. I read the tweet outloud:

"Niall Horan ‏@NiallOfficial

Just did the last run for the TMH tour! Its gonna be ama-"

"Hey babe! wacha doin?" said a familiar voice.

"Wha- Josh, i told you. DONT EVER call me babe. K? and what im doing is none of your business," I replied.

"Tay, its totally my business! Im your boyfriend!" Josh yelled.

"OMG Josh, i dumped you 3 months ago, you are absolutely NOT my boyfriend," i said as i passed him.

"OH!" he said. "i know what you are doing. you are tweeting that blonde guy from the band that you said was cute. arent you?!"

I turned around, face red. "His name is Niall, Josh, and yes. I am reading his tweets. because just looking at a picture of him makes me feel happier than i ever was with you. ok?"

"Listen, tay. im sorry i always beat you, i can change for the better, if you want to get back together."

I was horrified. "OMG NO! WTF? Im not giving you another chance. my dad abuses me every day already, im not going back to you for more! im better off on my own." i started running away, but he grabbed my arm.  I took a book out of my bag with the other arm and hit the side of it on his wrist, causing him to let go. I ran for my classroom.

(LATER THAT DAY)

"OK, class, you are dismissed," said Miss Walters as the bell rang. I trudged out the door and started walking home. as i was walking, my mind went back to Josh.  Josh was my ex bf, and he abused me every time i didnt do what he told me. i finally had the courage to dump him, but he has been haunting me ever since.

I called my dad, not that i wanted to or anything.  

"dad?"

"yeah, tay what do you want?" he replied

He sounded drunk.

"Ummm, i was wondering if i could go to Julie's house for a while to study" i said

i didnt want to go home. Julie is my best friend and i wanted to see her.

"yeah, sure whatever but be back by 9:00, and if you are back a minute later, i will beat the crap out of ya."

"yeah, ok dad. thanks."

i hung up. oh, joy. i always have to watch the clock.  i ran to Julies house and went inside.  

"Hey, whats up?" she said

"oh, nothing really, i just wanted to stop by and hang out with you, that ok?"

"OH! ya thats fine, i was just listening to music up in my room, wanna join me?"

"Sure." i said. i knew it was one direction music, since we are both fans, that is mostly that we listen to.

once we got into her room, she yelled "OEMGEE I FORGOT TO TELL U! MY MOM SAID THAT THE NEXT TIME YOU COME SHE HAS A pRESENT FOR US! LETS GO DOWN AND SEE WHAT IT IS!" "MOOOOOOOOM! CAN WE HAVE THE PRESENT NOW?"

"Oh, yeah is taryn here? oh good, well then here you go!" she handed us each a tiny pink bag.

"Open them on three!" Julie exclaimed .

"ok" i said, "1... 2... 3... - AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

we both screamed at the top of our lungs when we saw what was in that bag.

A/N Ok! sorry if it was a little boring, comment and vote and i will update. how do you like it so far? what do you think is in the bag? let me know! i promise i will update soon. Luv ya!