Chapter 14: A Short, Simple Chapter

**So. Uhm. *clears throat* Heh. I forgot I had to update this week. Let's just say it hasn't been pretty. I was in a pretty bad accident and have been more concerned with the fact that I'm without a car (and therefore have to find ways to get to class) and I just kind of ... Forgot. So. Uhm. I apologize. Enjoy this probably pretty crappy chapter. Oops >_<**

<Myla's POV>

It was a Wednesday afternoon, and I was just riding out the end of my shift at the pet store. We had been slow all day, and so I spent most of my time playing this stupid (yet addicting) game on my phone. As long as the manager wasn't working, no one gave a crap about what I did when we weren't busy.

I had two more agonizing hours of work left, and I was debating on what to do with my evening. Laura had family plans, and I wasn't sure if my mom was doing anything or not. Part of me wanted to run straight to Kiba, but I also kind of missed my mom. Sure, we spent a lot of time together, and we enjoyed it, but lately, it didn't seem like we got to see each other much. So I decided to text her.

'Hey Mama? You have plans this evening?'

Her reply was pretty quick.

'No, just an evening in. Do you?'

'No... Just wanted to maybe see if you wanted me to pick up dinner?'

'Sounds good sweetie. I love you.'

'Love you too Mommy!(:'

Smiling to myself, I rode out the rest of my shift, and headed over to our favorite pizza place and grabbed a large pizza to take home. I walked in the front door, greeted Rosie, and then enjoyed a fattening and greasy dinner with my Mama.

>>>TIME SKIP 2 HOURS>>>

Mama and I had decided that our evening wouldn't be complete without going out for ice cream. We sat on the small patio of an ice cream shoppe, enjoying our quality time together.

"So you and Kiba... Gosh, that's really weird to say," my mom said, rubbing her face. "Too weird."

"Tell me about it," I agreed. "I'm dating him."

"Are they as annoying as they are in the show?" She asked. I almost choked on my ice cream.

"Yes," I answered, and we both started giggling. After a few moments of silence, she spoke up again.

"Myla... Have you considered what's going to happen if you have to say goodbye to him?" she asked. I licked my ice cream cone in pensive silence.

"Yeah, and I don't like it," I admitted. "I really like him, even more so now that I've met him and kissed him and everything. He's wonderful, even if he is a little different. And loud."

My mom nodded. "Have you talked to him about this?"

I was confused. "The fact that he's loud?" She giggled.

"No, the fact that you two may have to say goodbye to one another," she clarified. I shook my head.

"I can barely bring myself to think about it," I told her. I felt my eyes start to water, and quickly wiped the tears away before they could spill over. "I know it's gonna happen, but I don't want to admit that I know it."

"I think you should talk to him," my mom said. "Be honest. Tell him you're scared and upset. Tell him that you like him, and you want to date him, but you're scared about saying goodbye. Maybe ... It would be better to say goodbye now, instead of later."

I hated to admit it, but she was making a lot of sense. "Please Mama... I don't wanna talk about it."

She nodded, sympathetic. "I understand."

The rest of the evening was relatively cheerful. We finished our ice cream, went home, and played board games until we were both falling asleep on the living room floor. Once we said goodnight and went off to bed, I was left alone with my thoughts once again. I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths. Mom was right, I needed to talk to Kiba.

I picked up my phone, then stopped myself. I wasn't gonna text him all of this, no... It would be better to talk in person... Wouldn't it? Sighing, I clicked on my phone, startled to see I had a message from Kiba waiting for me. I opened it, and my heart stopped.

'Hey, there's something I wanna talk to you about... Can I see you tomorrow?'

I read that message probably 20 times before I finally stopped shaking enough to answer him.

'Yeah, no problem. I wanted to talk to you, too. When is good for you?'

<Kiba's POV>

I heard my phone go off, and I rolled over, seeing it was from Myla. Part of me was freaking out. Kankuro had said just to come out and tell her I needed to talk to her, but I was afraid. How would she take it?

'Yeah, no problem. I wanted to talk to you, too. When is good for you?'

I sighed. At least she seemed calm. But what did SHE want to talk to ME about?

'2 good?'

'Yeah(: I'm gonna go to bed.. Nite Kiba!'

'Goodnight, Myla.(;'

I put my phone down, rolling over in bed to cuddle Akamaru. I had a lot of thinking to do before 2 o'clock tomorrow.

**ooh, what's gonna happen? Yeah I know, it's short and bleh, but I actually have an idea for the next chapter and it's gonna be interesting, at least I hope. Sorry again that it isn't the best, guys... I've been a little harried and stressed out. Until next time, my lovlies~**

-Rei :3